The first AI Ethics reading group meeting will be a discussion group at lunch time on Monday!
Where: P-310, Pavillion Roger Gaudry on UdeM campus (main room of the DLSS; map attached)
When: Monday July 3, 13:00-14:30 (lunch time of the Deep Learning Summer School),
Topics up for discussion under 'AI Ethics' include (but are not limited to!):
• ensuring the benefits of AI are democratically available
• identifying and working on problems of social importance
• preventing weaponization and/or malicious use of AI
• quantification and correction of bias in datasets
• data ethics and privacy
• identifying the roles of researchers, policy makers, end-users, and other groups; what concrete actions each should be taking
The schedule for the discussion will be as follows:
13:00 - 13:10 (5-10 mins): Brief introduction about the reading group
13:10 - 13:30 (15-20 mins): Initial list of topics proposed by organizers, refined by audience
13:30 - 14:00 (30 mins): Split into smaller discussion groups to develop concrete, feasible proposals
14:00 - 14:20 (20 mins): Brief presentation of each group's thoughts and proposals by a spokesperson
This is not a 'deep-learning exclusive' group; members of the community and anyone interested in these issues are warmly invited to participate.
If you have any questions or difficulty finding the place, you may contact Mati at[masked] or [masked].