AI Ethics: Planning and Introductions
The first AI Ethics reading group meeting will be a discussion group at lunch time on Monday!
Where: P-310, Pavillion Roger Gaudry on UdeM campus (main room of the DLSS; map attached)
When: Monday July 3, 13:00-14:30 (lunch time of the Deep Learning Summer School),
Topics up for discussion under 'AI Ethics' include (but are not limited to!):
• ensuring the benefits of AI are democratically available
• identifying and working on problems of social importance
• preventing weaponization and/or malicious use of AI
• quantification and correction of bias in datasets
• data ethics and privacy
• identifying the roles of researchers, policy makers, end-users, and other groups; what concrete actions each should be taking
The schedule for the discussion will be as follows:
13:00 - 13:10 (5-10 mins): Brief introduction about the reading group
13:10 - 13:30 (15-20 mins): Initial list of topics proposed by organizers, refined by audience
13:30 - 14:00 (30 mins): Split into smaller discussion groups to develop concrete, feasible proposals
14:00 - 14:20 (20 mins): Brief presentation of each group's thoughts and proposals by a spokesperson
This is not a 'deep-learning exclusive' group; members of the community and anyone interested in these issues are warmly invited to participate.
If you have any questions or difficulty finding the place, you may contact Mati at 438-886-0994 or email@example.com.