New Model Training
for New, Prospective New, Thinking-About-It--even Experienced--figure models
Sunday, November 3, 1:00 PM SHARP
Artists wishing to draw from a variety of life models are invited and encouraged to attend! $10.00 fee; where will you find better??
Format as follows (flexible):
• 15-30 minute narrative/discussion on modeling.
• 15-30 minute demonstration of modeling by a professional model emphasis on short, and so-called "gesture" poses
• Then, prospective models try modeling, if they wish and as they're ready (nude advisable, but not required--see below)
• Poses get critiqued by others present
If you're looking to become a Life (Figure) Model, come along! If you've thought about it but you're not sure, this is the way to go!* See what it's about, and give it a try if you wish--or not. No pressure, no commitment!
*If you look to try modeling by accepting a gig at a school, then you're committed; you HAVE to go through with it, just as nude as the job requires--cold feet are no excuse!
Prospective models who model successfully:
• may, AT THEIR OPTION, be listed in the Figure Models Directory, distributed to art schools and other institutions and reputable groups that hire models;
• receive a DVD with over 1000 examples of modeling poses and a narrative on modeling;
• receive a copy of the Figurative Arts Directory--a listing, with relevant data, of area institutions that hire models;
• can be added to the Guild's email list to receive requests for models (the Guild receives last minute, urgent, and other requests).
IMPORTANT! New models who wish to have their information added to the Figure Models Directory (distributed to colleges and art schools) MUST:
• arrive by 1:00 and stay until 4:00; and
• model successfully.
THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT TO MODEL NUDE, although if you choose to model clothed, you can be listed in the Directory only as a clothed model. To be listed as a nude model, you must model nude. (Jobs are available for clothed and portrait models; far more are available for nude models.)