This is a Meetup Group For Spouses Or Partners Married To Or In A Relationship With Someone On The Autism Spectrum, Specifically Aspergers
**We are an in person group located in the Silicon Valley Region**
Is your spouse/partner an intelligent, creative or successful person and has logic driven thinking but lacks common sense, social skills and empathy for your feelings?
• Does your spouse have difficulty understanding or meeting your emotional needs for connection, understanding and intimacy?
• Are you feeling frustrated, isolated, lonely and looking for a connection with others that understand? To talk to, vent or to spend time with or do things.
• Do you sometimes feel like you are living in a Twilight Zone episode or being Punk’d and question your perception of reality?
• Do you question your sanity, second guess yourself and sometimes wonder if you can take it any more?
• Do you maybe even wonder if you need to leave your relationship but don’t want to because you love your spouse/partner and/or made a commitment?
If any or all of these things sound familiar, you may be in relationship with someone on the Autism spectrum or Aspergers Syndrome.
Did you know that the Bay Area is considered a “hot zone” for Aspies or high functioning Aspergers?
Your not alone and you could meet with and get support from other people that are in similar circumstances!
If you are a Neurotypical Adult in a relationship with a spouse or partner who may or may not have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)/Asperger Syndrome, you can find support. Whether your significant other has a formal diagnosis or not you are not alone. This can be an opportunity to meet other people who may be struggling too.
• This group is a non professional support group where all people and all views can be heard.
• The goal of this group is to create safe space for sharing your experience and to receive support.
• All members deserve privacy and confidentiality.
• All members deserve to feel comfortable expressing themselves and not feel criticized or judged.
• Everyone’s situation is unique and each person in on their own journey.