Hello wonderful big data developers and enthusiasts. We are happy to announce our second Workshop (Part II) for 2018, which will take place on Saturday June 23 at ALBA Graduate Business School (http://www.alba.acg.edu). We organize this workshop in partnership with Landoop (http://www.landoop.com). This time our agenda will be about Kafka! This is an event you don't want to miss! More about the event bellow.
Short Speech: ‘’Apache Kafka entering the streaming world via Lenses’’
What is Apache Kafka? What solution does it bring to a complex streaming world and how can you manage online in-motion data?
Workshop : ‘’Let’s set things up’’
Time for hands-on experience. A workshop based on how to setup Apache Kafka and explore some tools and extensions.
• Important to know
There is limited availability of 25 seats (only the first 25 valid registrations will be accepted). Please fill the next registration form. A confirmation request message will be sent to first 25 registered members, that they have to reply back in order to be confirmed.
• Registration Form : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeIwuKZ7XsjpBFnDw83PP0z-1mH75qHoFy9IM4dtsTYRHYPEQ/viewform
John is a software engineer at Landoop, aiming to enable organisations and developers move and extract value from their data through/enhancing our data streaming platform. Currently he is passing his days - and nights - testing our upgrades on Lenses streaming platform and Kafka connectors and APIs. John comes to share with you how Apache Kafka is entering a streaming world through Lenses in his own humorous and simple way.
Marios, our Guru DevOps engineer, is Head of DevOps at Landoop, with numerous personal projects and serial entrepreneur. He takes for granted professionalism and commitment with his partners and team members. His motto? ‘’Do not panic!’’. Come and meet him introducing you to Apache Kafka through a hands-on workshop on setting up Kafka and using tools and extensions.
• Prerequisites: Will be sent to you soon, stay tuned!
• What to bring:
- This is Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) event, so do not forget your device!
- Basic knowledge of programming
- Basic knowledge of Kafka.
- You need to setup the environment in order to attend. Instructions will be provided.
• Environment setup
- Instructions for Environment Setup & Configuration : (details will be provided soon)
- Intracom Telecom : [http://www.intracom-telecom.com/]
- Landoop : [http://www.landoop.com/]
- ALBA Business School : [http://www.alba.acg.edu/]
• Workshop Agenda
10:30 - 10:45: Welcoming & Registration
10:45 - 11:00 Opening Remarks-Getting to know each other
11:00 - 11:45 Speech
11:45 - 12:00 Break
12:00 - 15:30/16:00 Workshop
16:00 - 17:00 Socializing