Hello, Big Data enthusiasts!
We are excited to announce our next event which is dedicated to Apache Druid!
Title: Druid: the open source, performant, real-time, analytical datastore.
Abstract: Apache Druid (incubating) makes it faster and easier for businesses to democratise the data exploration experience on vast quantities of real-time and historical data. Peter will present a sample of the exciting real-world examples of Druid (http://druid.io/) in action, drawing attention to the technical and business problems Druid solves in decision support, digital services, and data science.
Title: Druid: under the covers.
Abstract: Druid clusters can scale to handle ingestion and query of many billions of events. In this talk, we will uncover how users of Druid are able to scale the distinct processes in Druid to handle massive data sets, and walk through the optimisations inside Druid's OLAP-optimised data store that keeps data scan-time low and your query performance high.
Peter Marshall (https://linkedin.com/in/amillionbytes/) leads outreach and engineering across Europe for Imply (http://imply.io/), a company founded by the original developers of Druid. He has 20 years architecture experience in CRM, EDRM, ERP, EIP, Digital Services, Security, BI, Analytics, and MDM. He is TOGAF certified and has a BA (hons) degree in Theology and Computer Studies from the University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom.
- Intracom Telecom : [ http://www.intracom-telecom.com/ ]
- Channel VAS : [ http://www.channelvas.com/ ]
- Velti : [ http://www.velti.com/ ]
- OpenBet SG Digital : [ http://www.openbet.com/ ]
- Alba Graduate Business School, The American College of Greece : [ http://www.alba.acg.edu/ ]
6:50 - Socialize
7:05 - Welcome
7:10 - 1st Talk
8:00 - 2nd Talk
8:50 - Beers & Pizza
- Submit your Talk! [ https://goo.gl/forms/td3OeiVsQhnb735R2 ]
- Join our channel! [ https://athensbigdatachat.herokuapp.com ]