What we're about
MeditateAtlanta.org (http://www.georgiameditation.org/) Meetup features regular and special events representing various traditions of Buddhist meditation throughout Atlanta, such as Zen, Tibetan Buddhism, Insight / Vipassana Meditation, and Mindfulness Practice. Drop in any week - newcomers welcome! All events below are free, in English, and open to beginners.
Sundays at 11am: Beginner's Meditation at Drepung Loseling Monastery (http://www.drepung.org/)
Sundays at 2pm: Diamond Sutra Chanting (bilingual) at Dharma Jewel Monastery
Sundays at 2:30pm: Children's Meditation at Dharma Jewel Monastery (http://www.dharmajewel.us)
Mondays at 6:30pm: Insight Meditation at Roswell Insight Meditation (http://roswellinsightmeditation.org)
Mondays at 6:30pm: Atlanta Insight Meditation Community (https://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Insight-Meditation-Community/)
Tuesdays at 6:30pm: Medicine Buddha Service at Drepung Loseling Monastery (http://www.drepung.org)
Tuesdays at 7:30pm: Public Buddhist Teaching at Drepung Loseling Monastery (http://www.drepung.org)
Wednesdays at 7pm: Vipassana Meditation at Georgia Buddhist Vihara (http://www.gavihara.org)
Wednesdays at 7pm: Insight Meditation at Sandy Springs Insight Meditation (http://www.sandyspringsinsightmeditation.org)
Thursdays at 6pm: Guided Meditation at Emory Buddhist Club (http://www.buddhistclub.org)
Thursdays at 6pm: Compassion Meditation at Drepung Loseling Monastery (http://www.drepung.org)
Thursdays at 6:30pm: Beginner's Zen Meditation and Buddhism Class (sequential weekly course 5/3- 7/19/2018) at Dharma Jewel Monastery (http://www.dharmajewel.us/)
Saturdays at 9am: Zen Meditation at Buddhanara Temple (http://www.buddhanara.net)
Saturdays at 5pm: Zen Meditation at Jun Dung Sa Temple (http://www.atlantajundungsa.org)
Saturdays at 6:30pm: Vegetarian dinner and Mindfulness Meditation at Vien Ngo Lawrenceville (https://www.facebook.com/VienNgoBuddhistZenCenter/)
Saturdays (monthly): Mindfulness Meditation Society (http://www.mindfulnessmeditationsociety.org) at Kim Cang Monastery (next: May 12, 2018)
Saturdays (monthly): One-Day Vipassana Meditation Retreat at Georgia Buddhist Vihara (http://www.gavihara.org)
Elder Care: Monthly Discussion on Aging, End-of-Life, and Death Issues, Eldercare (http://www.dlmcare.org/)
Georgia Buddhist Summer Camp: May 25 - 28, 2018 (http://www.georgiabuddhistcamp.com) -- our 5th year!
and many more regular events! Visit http://www.georgiameditation.org or write email@example.com to get a monthly newsletter!
AtlantaBuddhism.org (http://georgiameditation.org/index.html) Upcoming Special Events (free!):
- Georgia Buddhist Scholarship -- for students age 13 - 22, including cash prize for high school seniors, as well as awards for use at educational programs such as Georgia Buddhist Summer Camp (http://www.georgiabuddhistcamp.com/) or retreats at Dharma Realm Buddhist University (http://www.drbu.org/).
- Mindfulness Meditation Retreat, Saturday May 12, 9am - 5pm, at Kim Cang Monastery (https://www.meetup.com/Atlanta-Buddhism-Events/events/241666043/)
- Buddha's Birthday Ceremony and Medicine Buddha Sutra chanting, May 20, 2018, 9:15am - 12:15pm, at Dharma Jewel Monastery (http://www.dharmajewel.us/events)
- The Diamond of Perfect Wisdom Sutra Ceremony, June 24 & July 22 2018, 9:15am - 12:15pm, at Dharma Jewel Monastery (http://www.dharmajewel.us/events)
- Guan Yin Recitation & Meditation Residential Retreat at the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas (http://www.cttbusa.org/)- Beginner's Track in English available, application here at DRBUX (http://www.drbux.org/), March 31 - April 8, 2018 & July 28 - August 5, 2018, in California.
Global Disaster Relief Efforts by Tzu Chi
Please donate to help those in need from recent hurricanes and fires. One reputable charity to consider is Tzu Chi USA, a Buddhist group helping all in need -- already with $7 million distributed directly to Hurricane Harvey victims in Texas. Visit TzuChi.us (http://www.tzuchi.us/)
Dharma Jewel Monastery (http://www.atlantazen.org/), Zen Buddhism Center in Atlanta, invites you to guided meditation and a sequential 11-week fundamental concepts of Buddhism class! Join us for the next cumulative series on Thursday nights at 6:30pm - 8:30pm! Join us May 10th! Classes are led by dedicated Buddhist monastics who have years of meditation experience and rigorous training and devote their entire lives to authentic Zen practice. Courses are offered at no charge. Everyone is welcome. Children's class on Sundays. Register today at www.DharmaJewel.US (http://www.dharmajewel.us/)