What we're about
The Atlanta Coalition of Reason (ATL CoR) is made up of atheist, freethought, and humanist groups working together in the Atlanta area. Our twin goals are to foster a sense of community among the like minded and raise public awareness that people who don't believe in a god or gods can be decent citizens who contribute to the larger society.
The American Religious Identification Survey reports that 12 percent of Americans are nontheistic. This places us as one of the largest minorities in America. Yet due to religious dominance and a sense of trepidation, it can be difficult to organize and network with fellow secularists. This coalition is here to change that.
The groups that make up the ATL CoR are:
* Atlanta Freethought Society
* Black Nonbelievers
* Blue Moon Group
* Fellowship of Reason
* Freedom from Religion Foundation - Georgia Chapter
* Georgia State University Secular Panthers
* Gwinnett Understanding Secular Truths (GUST)
* Recovering from Religion - Morrow Chapter
* Secular Student Alliance at Kennesaw State University
* Southern Crescent Freethinkers
* Spalding Freethought Society
* Sunday Assembly Atlanta
For more information about each group, visit www.AtlCoR.org. Questions and other inquiries can be emailed to AtlCoRgroup@gmail.com.