For our August talk, we have the pleasure of having Mr. Lex Sheehan, author of the book "Learning Functional Programming in Go: Change the way you approach your applications using functional programming in Go", speak about his journey into Functional Programming!
Join Lex as he shares his journey into FP as a retrospective; it should be great introduction to folks to using FP in other languages (especially those with built-in support for first class functions).
Our journey will include:
* functional programming in Ruby
* going deeper in FP with Scala
* learning Haskell to gain a broader understanding of FP
* the history of FP and what Category Theory has to do with FP
* challenges & opportunities of incorporating FP techniques in Go
If you haven't done so yet, also check out Lex's book: https://www.amazon.com/Learning-Functional-Programming-Lex-Sheehan-ebook/dp/B0725B8MYW