What we’re about
Meet other local Business Intelligence (BI) fans and experts to discuss the Microsoft BI Platform (mostly SQL Server and Power BI, but also SharePoint and Office). Our attendance is often between 50 and 75 professionals.
This user group encourages networking.
• Work: If you are looking for Microsoft BI work (employee or contract) or have offers for Microsoft BI work (from hiring managers to recruiters), we welcome your attendance and offer you the chance to describe your situation during the meeting.
• Technical Help: If you have a difficult or easier technical question about business intelligence, please bring that question to the meeting -- our speakers and audience have many experts.
• Sponsors: We are always looking for meeting sponsors, who provide food and drink in exchange for time to present what their company does: we have had consulting firms, technology creators, and recruiters among our recurring past sponsors.
To learn more about Power BI: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/
To learn more about Azure Analytics: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/products/#analyticshttps://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/products/#analytics
We encourage you toattend our sister Atlanta chapter focusing on Microsoft database technologieshttp://atlantamdf.com/
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AtlantaMicrosoftBusinessIntelligenceUsers
Upcoming events (3)See all
- Designing and Developing Enterprise Solutions with Power BI by Paul Turley, MVPImproving, Alpharetta, GA$150.00
SQL Saturday Atlanta - BI & Data Analytics Precon Deep Dive session
Register at: Designing and Developing Enterprise-scale Solutions with Power BI Tickets in Alpharetta, GA, United States (ticketleap.com)
Clicking ATTEND here on the meetup will not register you for this event.
Designing and Developing Enterprise-scale Solutions with Power BI
by Paul Turley, MVP
This full-day workshop session will provide participants with essential best practice knowledge and practical tools to begin designing enterprise-ready solutions with Power BI. We will design a report, but this session will primarily focus on enterprise data modeling and dataset delivery for reporting & analytics.
Bring your questions to the webinar for a live Q&A session.
• Overcoming challenges with data at-scale
• Meeting the needs of data governance, business buy-in and ownership
• Addressing challenges with DevOps, code sharing and multi-developer projects
• Futureproofing Power BI solutions for business, data and user audience growth
• Delivering an enterprise Power BI solution using a best practice checklist
• So many features! OMG, let’s focus on the essentials!
Bring your laptop and together, we will design a business-ready solution, including:
• Fundamental data modeling
• Transformation basics & guidelines
• Designing and building performant queries for data at-scale
• Using parameters to manage source changes and environments
• Naming conventions, annotations, and documentation
• DAX essentials & building blocks
• Deployment planning
• Keeping it real – balancing “ideal” DevOps and realistic BI delivery
• Right-sizing data models for flexibility & expanding requirements
We will also discuss and demonstrate some advanced topics, including:
• When and how to consider using composite models
• Calculation groups – the key to flexible calculations
• Windows 10 or 11
• 8 GB of RAM minimum
• Wifi ready
• Permission to install software from Windows Store & USB drive (if a company-issued machine)
• Latest version of Power BI Desktop
Paul Turley’s Bio
Paul is a Competency Lead Director for the 3Cloud Solutions BI&A practice, and Microsoft Data Platform MVP. He consults, writes, speaks, teaches & blogs about business intelligence and reporting solutions. He works with companies around the world to model data, visualize and deliver critical information to make informed business decisions, using the Microsoft data platform and business analytics tools. He is a Director of the Oregon Data Community PASS chapter & user group, the author and lead author of Professional SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services and 14 other titles from Wrox & Microsoft Press. Paul is a 2021 & 2022 FastTrack Recognized Solution Architect and holds several certifications related to the Microsoft Data Platform and Business Intelligence.
- A Day with Generative AI, ChatGPT, and Azure OpenAI by Anupama Natarajan, MVPImproving, Alpharetta, GA$150.00
SQL Saturday Atlanta - BI & Data Analytics Precon Deep Dive session.
Clicking ATTEND just here on the meetup will not register you for this event.
# A Day with Generative AI, ChatGPT, and Azure OpenAI
by Anupama Natarajan, MVP
Welcome to "A Day with Generative AI, ChatGPT, and Azure OpenAI" – a day where we'll explore the fascinating world of artificial intelligence together. This one-day course is like a journey into the future, showing you the magic of generative AI, introducing the incredible ChatGPT, and helping you understand about Azure OpenAI and how to use GPT4 along with Power BI.
Join us for a day of exploration, hands on experience, asking questions, and discovering the fun side of AI. So, come along for a day of learning, exploring, and a bit of magic. The future is right here, and we want you to be part of it!
## Module 1: Generative AI
Introduction to Generative AI
· Overview of Generative AI and its impact on various industries.
· Case studies showcasing real-world applications.
· Importance of creativity and innovation in the era of Generative AI.
## Module 2: Unveiling ChatGPT
· Understanding the architecture of ChatGPT.
· Exploring its capabilities and use cases.
· Demo: Interacting with ChatGPT in real-time.
Behind the Scenes
· Delving into the training process of ChatGPT.
· Discussing ethical considerations and responsible AI usage.
## Module 3: Azure OpenAI Playground
Introduction to Azure OpenAI Services
· Overview of Azure OpenAI offerings.
· Setting up Azure OpenAI environment.
Accelerate Data Analysis using Power BI and GPT4
· Generate Reports and Visualizations
· Identify Data Quality Issues and automate mundane tasks.
· Writing DAX queries in an easy way
· Participants engage in practical exercises using Azure OpenAI.
· Creating and deploying models.
· Bring your own data for training.
· Integration with other Azure services.
## Module 4: Building Tomorrow
Innovation and Generative AI
· Harnessing the power of Generative AI for innovation.
· Interactive brainstorming session on potential applications.
The Future Landscape
- Exploring the evolving landscape of AI and its impact on industries.
- Laptop with Azure Subscription
Speaker Short Bio:
Anupama Natarajan, MVP
Anu is a Cloud, Data and AI Consultant with 20+ years of experience working in design and development of Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, AI enabled applications and SaaS integrated solutions. She is a Microsoft MVP for Data Platform and Artificial Intelligence, Microsoft Certified Trainer and passionate in sharing knowledge. She enjoys solving complex business problems with innovative solutions using Microsoft technologies and use that experience in her trainings.
She speaks at conferences (PASS Summit, SQL Saturdays, Data Platform Summit, Difinity) and organize local user group meetups and SQLSaturday Organizer in Wellington, New Zealand.
- SQL Saturday Atlanta 2024 - BI & Data Analytics edition.125 Milton Ave, Alpharetta, GA
Full details at: SQL Saturday Atlanta 2024 - BI & Data Analytics Edition (#1071)
Please register at this link: SQL Saturday Atlanta - BI & Data Analytics 2024 Tickets in Alpharetta, GA, United States (ticketleap.com)
Just clicking ATTEND here on the meetup will not register you for this event.
SQL Saturday Atlanta - BI & Data Analytics is a free all-day event focusing on Business Intelligence and Data Analytics for everyone who is interested in using data in an effective way. This event will also have some sessions that are geared towards high schoolers for gaining understanding of data and usage in the real world.