addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Atlanta Theatre Club Message Board › Atlanta Theatre Club questions answered

Atlanta Theatre Club questions answered

Colleen
user 9743714
Atlanta, GA
Hello everyone!

I have received many of the same questions about the Atlanta Theatre Club, so I thought I would share them with everyone:

1. How do you choose the plays/musicals?

When we meet for our pre-show dinner and performances we talk a lot. About everything, but mainly theatre. What we like, what we don't. How much we want to spend. We discuss and then I choose shows that will interest our diverse tastes. Personally, I love all theatre. Well good theatre.

2. How do you come up with the cost per ticket (section we sit in)?So much plays into one little ticket. Base ticket price, taxes, handling fees, other random theatre fees, credit card fees, Meetup site fee ($20 per month), Amazon fees. I'll be honest, I wish the full price was put on every ticket, but it's not. For ex/

Next to Normal tickets were $34 & $40 base ticket price. Add all the fees - the average price for $48 and some change. I know - crazy! What are you going to do? Plus the average price for this performance Saturday night is $55 before fees if you bought at the door. We love theatre, we have to play by their rules. Many times it goes the other way and I pay more per ticket than I charge through the site. It all balances out.

As far as section, I try to keep our ticket price at or under $50 per ticket. I know, we Atlantans are spoiled on prices compared to other cities - and I love it that way!

3. Why don't you buy more discounted tickets? I try. But so many factors play into buying tickets for a group of 5 to 25. We like Saturday nights as a group - this is the busiest theatre night in Atlanta: therefore, limited discounted tickets. I do send discounts out to the group for shows we are not attending as a group.

4. When & where do I get the ticket I paid for? We always meet pre-show for dinner. I send out an email the Monday before the performance letting everyone know where we are meeting. I give the tickets out then.

5. If more people want to go, then why don't you just buy more tickets? Again. I try. But if I buy in a group it is cheaper than singles. AS you can see with Next to Normal - some were group priced and some were single ticket priced. I believe I need to charge everyone the same ticket price and again it balances out. We always sit in the same section together. That is half the fun of going to theatre - enjoying it with other people. Also, shows sell out.

6. Can I just buy my own ticket and join you for dinner? Of course, just let us know in advance and we will share with you our dinner location. (Locations are close to venue)

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to seeing you the theatre soon!

Colleen

Carolyn R.
user 53143062
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 6
I have heard that The Book Of Mormon is coming to town - do you know anything about that? I would like to go to that for sure. I am sorry if you have posted something about that and I have missed it. Let me know! Carolyn Milner ps: Loved Bike America and this group! Thanks Colleen!!