addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Atlanta Vegetarian & Vegan Group Message Board Food, food, yummy food! › What do you eat for breakfast?

What do you eat for breakfast?

A former member
Post #: 1
My family love Raw oats soaked in Rice Milk, Hazelnut Milk or Almond Mike; mixed with raisins, sunflower seeds and sweetened with Raw Honey! Sooooo yum! Filled with nutrients undamaged by heat.

Also love fruit smoothies especially during summer because of the berries that come available! Super-powerful-living food!!!
A former member
Post #: 20
I'm a vegan, too, which eliminates MOST of the fake sausages and bacons on the market. However, for the last few years, I've eaten virtually the same thing each morning. I have plain soy yogurt (buy large containers -- it's cheaper) with homemade topping (chopped walnuts and almonds and a few pecans, pine nuts, vanilla extract, and stevia or splenda, mixed and toasted) and sometimes with blueberries. I buy OG blueberries frozen during the "off" seasons and just take out a scoop before my shower so that they can thaw before I am ready to eat (other fruits are larger and don't thaw this quickly, is the main reason I use only blueberries). I used to use granola as a topping, but have been on the south beach diet recently (ugh!) which largely forbids grains (or pleasure -- ha ha), so I started making my own nut topping. On the weekends, I sometimes make scrambled tofu w/ whatever veggies I find in my fridge (I cheat and use the packets of starter spices). Before the diet, I had soymilk biscuits and soymilk gravy (yummy!) or soymilk biscuits and soysage. When travelling, I take a cooler with soy yogurt and tons of different nuts -- or if I won't have access to a fridge when I get to my destination, i.e. camping, I make wraps of tortillas with raw PB and raisins or raw PB and bananas for easy brekkies. As a beginner, I recommend planning ahead for expensive things like a good juicer or blender so that you can whip up smoothies or carrot/apple/ginger juices for breks, as well.
A former member
Post #: 6
As i'm still pretty new to this i try to make things easy on myself. Weekday mornings I'll have a black bean salsa wrap or cold cereal w/ vanilla soy milk. I still do eggs but that's only b/c i can't get the hang of tofu. On weekends i'll find a ggo soy sausage with grits and homemade blueberry pancakes.
Purvi P.
user 4484799
Smyrna, GA
When I am at work my favorite things to eat for breakfast are Fage yogurt (has 13 gram of protein, its fat free and has no gelatin), and a piece of fruit (apricot, banana, plum, nectarine). My other favorite breakfast is low fat pancakes with walnuts and low fat maple syrup or a fruit smoothie.
A former member
Coffee with Silk Soy Creamer, a spoon of natural raw sugar cane, and a spoon of agave. Yummy!
A former member
Post #: 844
Sometimes the veggie bacon or soy sausage with a bagel and some herbal tea.

I still eat eggs so sometimes egges or some potates with onions and peppers.

You all eat some healthy breakfasts. I will be like you all one day. :)
A former member
Post #: 2
I used to eat maple yogurt with granola and fruit....but turning to vegan has changed that until I can find a non-dairy yogurt that I like. (have a soy intolerance, and don't really like the soy yogurt anyway.) Otherwise, have Chai tea with raw sugar, and rice bread with some nut spread and fresh fruit. It's a new transition for me, so I'm looking to branch out.
A former member
Post #: 13
I start out with something high in starch and carbs for energy. I'm following the McDougall plan.

I have espresso with one of the following:

- hashbrown potatoes with barbecue sauce
- Ezekiel toast with pear jam or agave nectar
- creamed corn
- grits
A former member
Post #: 31
I'm all about fruit in the a.m. !! My husband and daughter love their vegan- friendly buckwheat pancakes!
A former member
Post #: 4
Little bit of natural orange juice, sometimes toast, organic milk and cereal. Sometimes, just coffee.