addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Atlanta Business Connection Message Board Archived Discussion › God Bless Black Women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless Black Women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pierre D.
user 4852863
Las Vegas, NV
Post #: 33
I LOVE BLACK WOMEN. My mother was black and the women in my family are black. We were not the Huxtable's, but we weren't the Evans family either. I grew up in Harlem seeing many women who were just like the women in my family. Strong and determined, they raised their children in a way that would hopefully one day lead them to opportunities that they never had. They sacrificed their dreams and goals to put food on the table and clothes on our backs.

My respect for black women has never been something I hide. I still call older black women by their last name and words like "bitch", "ho" and "skank" still can't come out of my mouth because even though my mother is gone, I expect a smack across the face if she heard them. Being raised right is wonderful but it can also be quite painful.

I saw 2 things this week that made me want to voice my respect for black women in my writing for today. I saw a caucasian girl in the supermarket last week with her mother. As they shopped, the mother asked the girl, who looked about 9 or 10, if she wanted something out of that aisle. The little girl raised her voice and told her mother that she was stupid for asking such a question. I went by them but had to think about what I had just seen.

My son is 9. I thought about what I would do if my son called me stupid and raised his voice to me. While I was thinking about that, I thought about what my mother would have done if I had pulled something like that on her. Needless to say the answer was the same. My son wouldn't be here because my mother would have killed me long ago. The thought of disrespecting my mother was just that, a thought. And it was a thought that didn't last very long because my mother would have killed me for even "thinking" about calling her out her name.

But as if it couldn't get worse, I watched a show called "Real Housewives Of Atlanta". I am not a big TV person and hate reality shows but I watched this one. Without cursing, words cannot express how terrible this show was. To see black women acting every bit of the negative stereotype that others have of them was appalling. Every word out their mouths was more ignorant and stupid than the last one. Hearing black women talk and act as if "they had no home training" was as bad as it got. I kept thinking back to my mother and the all the black mothers that lived on my street and in my neighborhood. My thought was "Is this what they had in mind when they sacrificed so much raising us"?

As stated when I started this writing: I LOVE BLACK WOMEN. I love the young and the old, the fat and the slim, the dark and the light. I may not agree with everything they say or do, but I believe differing opinions are ok. They always make for healthy discussions. The caucasian mother allowed herself to be dissed because she didn't check her child right then and there, so it will happen again. But to watch the women on that reality show do it so BRAVO could get some ratings was very sad. To act like a hoochie so you can get your 15 seconds of fame is sad. It shows America what so many of my black sisters are NOT instead of who and what they are. I could use superlatives all day and still never properly show my respect.

I'm proud to be a black man in America. That pride was instilled in me not by a self proclaimed "Rich Bitch" from Atlanta but by women all over this country who do what needs to be done on a regular basis to take care of their families. There are women in this group who fit this definition in every possible way. That's why the word "PROFESSIONALS" is used to describe this group. As black folks we have truly been blessed. Our wives, grandmothers, mothers, sisters, daughters, girlfriends and friends have made it happen for so many of us. God bless black women and as I said before, I LOVE BLACK WOMEN.
RhondaM
rhondaworld
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 6
Thanks for sending a positive shout out to Black Women. It is very rare today to receive shout outs from our brothers!!!
I have not watched the program you are referring to, but I have noticed in general how black women are portrayed in the media. We are either angry and neck rolling or clubbin and hoochieing it up. We as Black People need to be careful of the messages that are given by the media and yes that applies to Rap music as well.

I think there is a change coming from many who are more than feed up with the negative images of the Black culture. I personally do not support ANY forum that degrades our culture, even if it's coming from our culture. I am a proud Black Woman who feels such behavior is unacceptable and it is an insult to my intelligence. I challenge my Sista's to carry themselves they way their Mom's & Grandmothers have taught them. Be a Lady!!! Showing your behind is not attractive and it sends the wrong message to the world and most important our precious children. We are better than that. I expect better from us.

Thanks my brother for the shout out!!!
A former member
Post #: 48
I'm very particular about which woman gets respect from me. My mother? My sister? My lady? You bet! Omarosa and New York? Hell no. It's cool to acknowledge the good ones, but we cannot delude ourselves into denying the existence of the bitches and sluts. Respecting black women, or any human being, by default is dangerous. Respect must be earned.