Call for speakers will be live by the end of October. A Meetup announcement will go out when this is live.
Call for speakers will close Mon, Jan 6th, 11:59 pm Central time.
Event date: Sat, Feb 8, 2020
Location: East Williamson County Higher Education Center
(aka Texas State Technical College)
1600 Innovation Blvd
Hutto TX, 78634
Directions: The northeast corner of US-79 (E Palm Valley Blvd) and TX-130. You do not need to get on toll road to get here. When going east on US-79, take the exit that says TX-130 Austin Waco. Stay on the frontage of US-79. Go straight, under TX-130. Turn left at the stop lights. This takes you under US-79. Stay on the access road of TX-130. About 500 feet passed the lights, there is a little road that takes you to to Innovation Blvd / County Road 108. Turn left, facing north. The venue will be 1 mile up the road, on the left.
URL will be live by the end of October: https://www.sqlsaturday.com/939/
What it is: Free day of training by community members around all aspects of Data and Business Intelligence.
Sessions are 1 hour.
There will be at least 4 concurrent rooms, with 5 sessions in each rooms throughout the day.
Example topics to present and attend: (not an exhaustive list) (topics do not have to include Microsoft technologies)
* Power BI / Tableau
* Home Grown Reporting
* Proper Dashboard Design
* How To Present Data
* Data Models
* Data Ethics / Security
* Data Science
* Data Demographics
* Data Importing / Exporting
* R / Python / DAX
* SSRS / SSIS
* Microsoft PowerApps
* Azure Data Factory
* Career Development
Example formats to present: (not an exhaustive list)
* Classroom lecture
* Real life tips and tricks on a topic
* What you wish you knew before the project / career
* A project that failed / succeeded and what roadblocks / decisions happened
* Describe your workflow across tools
* What recent new tools / enhancements / updates excite you and make your job easier
* Common misconceptions on a subject / tool / design / field
* How you stay current with learning