What we're about
If we're honest with each other, we all long for deep connection and intimacy ... and it can be a little terrifying, too.
Whether bliss or blame, shock or serenity, clarity or bewilderment, we are deeply affected by what happens in the space between us.
And, sometimes what happens just doesn't make any sense. No matter how hard we try to figure it out.
How can we be real and safe at the same time?
Why is criticism (feedback) so hard to take?
How come it's so hard to be heard accurately?
How can our "absolutely certain" perceptions of what happened be so wildly different?
How do we stop the sense of draining or engulfment?
Why do our best efforts backfire?
What makes us act so crazy, sometimes?
What can we do about the pain that's piled up between us, despite our best efforts?
Why do we care so much (even when we don't want to anymore)?
Why is it so hard to leave, even when we know we should?
How do we create and sustain the easy acceptance, belonging, and harmony that we're all so hungry for?
If you'd like to discover answers that make sense, that embrace rather than try to "get rid of" our "warts and farts and ugly, crazy parts" (without letting them run the show, either), and that offer touchstones that can guide us through this landscape of being human in close connection with other people ...
and if you're willing to be real, and look within for how these illuminate and empower what's most deeply true and authentic for you ...
we're delighted to have you join us on the journey.
We've been exploring this beautiful, perplexing, hope-filled landscape of being human for more than four decades, now.
Our Awakened Relationships principles, practices, and tools combine our research and personal experience with deep wisdom from many disciplines, sources, and practices, including:
• Compassionate Communication (NVC),
• Brain science/Interpersonal Neurobiology,
• Attachment Theory
• Quantum Mechanics/The Law of Attraction
• Positive psychology
• and many others.
“This is life-changing. Just incredible. We're actually getting along, my wife is warm towards me again.” –Tom E.
“I have a lot more skills and more power now, I feel hopeful and inspired … my next relationship can be amazing!" — Meghan R.
“This was spectacular!” –Tim B., NVC Trainer
“Wow! There’s a way that works!” — J.P.
"Your authentic, openhearted sharing of your own journey, and doing your own work right with us, is so inspiring and helpful. I feel really safe and at home, the group is just wonderful." Hannah M.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
OUR CORE VALUES & PRACTICES, that help us honor and support everyone’s thriving:
* COMPASSION: Understanding that everyone – including you and we – are just trying to thrive (be happy), even when we act without awareness or skill, or out of pain that’s too much for us to hold
* DIGNITY & RESPECT FOR OURSELVES & EACH OTHER, and acknowledging both our shared humanity and our healthy separateness
* AUTHENTICITY/TRANSPARENCY: being real human beings with each other; acknowledging our shared humanity
* LIVING IN ALIGNMENT WITH OUR VALUES
* ACCEPTING RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR OWN WELL-BEING, including acknowledging that we are the author of our own lives and experience, and setting boundaries that support our thriving
* DEEPENING OUR CAPACITY TO BE PRESENT AND AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW, including learning how to notice and experience our present-moment body sensations, feelings, thoughts, and impulses ... without having to numb, avoid, change, or fix them, AND without getting overwhelmed or flooded
* LIVING FROM WHAT'S MOST ALIVE IN US
* CREATING, MODIFYING, & DISSOLVING AGREEMENTS IN WAYS THAT CONTRIBUTE TO EVERYONE'S THRIVING
If you have any questions you'd like to ask before you come "dip your toe in," we would love to hear from you!
And, welcome home.