8450 W Sahara Ave
Las Vegas , NV
LIVE Gong Meditation
The most sublime instrument of the Yogi is the Gong. Ancient texts describe this instrument as providing the sound of the vibrant energy core of the universe that is responsible for the creation of all things living. The universe is powered by sound. “The gong is the basic creative sound, out of it comes all music, all sounds, all words.”
The Gong is a symbol of the spirit, a sacred threshold, a portal that links the finite and the infinite experience of the self. It represents the initial stillness and potential of creation. The sound it issues forth is the first movement of the Infinite. Its vibrations are the life currents of all forms, beings and thoughts that exist or can exist.
One of the significant features of the Gong is the interactive nature of the sounds it creates. The Gong produces a note projected against a background spectrum of notes. Each note interacts with the background. They alter each other. This creates a complex, non-linear pattern that interweaves the sense of the whole with the sense of the part. You can feel this in your body when you listen to the Gong. The entire body vibrates and changes as specific areas of the body are pressed and stimulated by the waves of the Gong – the vibration causes all thirty trillion cells of the body to resonate, to dance—forming patterns that release blockages that have prevented the cosmic pulsation to flow freely through our being. Within this creative cosmic flow we find fulfillment, harmony, and love.
The Gong is a healing tool for body, mind and soul on all levels. Here are some additional benefits of Gong Meditation:
· helps repair the nervous system (including damages of alcohol & drugs);
· regenerates the neurons and their interconnections;
· creates deep relaxation and induces a spontaneous meditative state;
· clears the mind and releases you from the torrent of thoughts;
· reduces stress related issues: depression, fatigue, anger, hostility, fear and loneliness;
· stimulates the glandular system to a higher level of functioning;
· strengthens the immune system;
· opens the meridians and releases blocks, reduces tension and stimulates circulation;
· balances all the chakras;
· enlivens and integrates the 10 bodies of the aura;
· accelerates the development of intuitive sensitivity and visualization;
· opens the psychic functions of the sixth chakra/ 3rd eye;
· clears the sub-conscious mind;
· gives a sense of expanded awareness and higher consciousness!
Please bring a light blanket (or similar) to cover yourself with.
Teacher: YANQING JOTIPAL KAUR
KUNDALINI YOGA AND MEDITATION TEACHER
Jotipal hails from Shandong Province in China – a birthplace of ancient Chinese culture.
Following graduation from the Law School of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Jotipal came to the U.S. to further her academic studies, and attained a Master’s degree in Public Administration from Illinois Institute of Technology. However, it has been the spiritual path that has ignited the fire in her soul.
Yoga has been an intimate part of Jotipal’s spiritual growth since she became a practicing Hatha Yoga teacher in 2005. That, combined with her love of music and dance (she is a certified Zumba Instructor), has instilled in her a profound reverence for the creative arts as an expression of the divine.
Jotipal’s introduction to Kundalini Yoga was like the sparks of a chisel striking the stone. Kundalini Yoga unfolded her nature and opened up a joyful path to her true self. With her “infectious” and deep understanding of both the technical as well as spiritual aspects of yoga, Jotipal strives to serve and deliver these beautiful teachings to uplift many others.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.