addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Axen Ft. Lauderdale Message Board › To be is to do

To be is to do

Dynamo
user 19537791
Group Organizer
Miami, FL
Hi AXENites,

‘To be is to do’ - Socrates

The comment above by Socrates is brief but profound.

I remember I filmed this video 3 years ago at AXENite members house where we were working on the AXEN Club agenda for the next year. Below is habit 4 of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, think Win/Win, think about helping others while helping yourself at the same time.

The reason this correlates with being/doing is because I remember still striving for success and not feeling like it was ever going to come. I was working 80+ hours at the time without much in the way of financial or personal breakthrough. I remembers filming this video and you’ll see if you watch it, that it’s not a good video, it’s 2:00am, but I’m atill striving you provide value. The worst part of the video is the language, I’m talking about “you” instead of mentioning “I”.

It is interesting to reflect on how I was more focused on you and other AXENites and that focus was misplaced, I needed to focus on myself. Typical martyr syndrome.

That being said, focusing on you actually helped me focus on myself, because in that I realize now that I’ve focused more and more on myself and have accepted that “I” can only help others up to the depths I’ve helped myself. So the focus is on me first, like on the airline preflight videos where they tell you put your own oxygen mask on before anyone else.

Thanks for being a part of this process of growth, but thanks to me for realizing I have to win before I can ever hope to help anyone else win.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GJWrRqu-yiQ­

See you on the Mountaintop,

Dynamo