addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Axen Ft. Lauderdale Message Board › Riddle...

Riddle...

Dynamo
user 19537791
Group Organizer
Miami, FL
Hi AXENites,

I created a riddle...
What is the most expensive possession?

Think about it and don't cheat by reading any further....

I'm serious, take a second and read what I wrote above again and see if you can come up with it?

Ready for the answer?

Ignorance.

The most expensive possession you own is ignorance.

A lot of you probably guessed ''TIME'' but time isn't expensive, it's the most VALUABLE possession you have but not the most expensive. You can buy people's time for $8/hour, even expensive hours cost $40-$100/hour but people will sell you their time for that amount of money...so in comparison to Ignorance, it's not that expensive.

Ignorance is your most expensive possession not just financially but also in terms of time, health, relationships, every area of your life.

First I'll prove it to you financially because that's the most concrete way of demonstrating this example. Lets go back to using the concept of Time as being your most valuable possession, if you work a job and you work 40 hours a week and make $40k a year, you're selling your hour's for about $20/hour. So lets say you work that job for the next 20 years, you'll make $800,000 before taxes, etc. Lets say with inflation over the next 20 years you'll actually make $880,000. You're trading 20 years of your life for $880,000.

Well let's say that instead 20 years ago in 1998 you had bought $1,000 worth of Amazon Stock, that would have been worth $1.73 a share and you would today have a value of $1,527.94 a share....you would have turned $1,000 into $882,942.20 -- without doing a damn thing. But none of you did this, why? Because you didn't know to do it.

What about a recent example, $100 of bitcoin invested in 2010 today would be worth over $75,000,000 (that's 75 million) dollars. But why didn't you invest in it? Because you possess the most expensive possession in the world, ignorance.

Convince me otherwise and I'll buy you lunch. Ignorance is the most expensive possession in the world -- and some people consider it bliss.

In terms of time, relationships and health it's even worse, ignorance leads to what I consider the largest pool of untapped resources we have on the planet -- human potential.

Okay Dynamo, I get it...I'm ignorant, I get it. So what can we do about it?

Simple, you don't do better because you don't know better. The only way to get what you want is to illuminate yourself on the subjects that are standing in the way of your desires.

Want to be healthy, study health.
Want to be in a good relationship, study relationships.
Want to be financially independent, study personal finance. Want to be happier, study positive psychology.
Want to know the meaning of life, study philosophy.

My favorite philosopher is Socrates, one of my favorite quotes was the axiom: "Know Thyself"

Figure out what your blind spots are, find what points of ignorance are keeping you from getting the things you want. Illuminate that darkness. Sometimes it's scary but I assure you the bogey man in the closet is just a coat once you turn on the lights.

What you FOCUS on EXPANDS.

Albert Einstein said;
"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."

Einstein is basically saying that the problems caused by your personal ignorance cannot be cured until you take the time to further enlighten yourself.

That leads me to why this topic is so important now for us at AXEN.

Because if you come to AXEN it's because you want something in your life you currently don't have, you have a goal that hasn't been achieved and you want to achieve it. The largest obstacle to achieving any of our goals is our ignorance, either in knowing what to do, who can help us/mentor us, when to do it, how to do it -- or worst of all not knowing why you are doing the goal in the first place?

I am earnestly interested in enlightening as many people as possible (beginning with myself and spilling over into everyone around me). You see I found my life's purpose a while ago and have a formula for you figuring out your life's purpose too (that's a story for another time). But in the meantime, my life's purpose is to creatively express myself and in so doing inspire and encourage others to create, awaken and enlighten themselves and others.

That is why AXEN exists, it's also why AXEN is taking on a new era of events and expansion, because I've EXPANDED. I want to provide all of you with as many resources for you to discover yourselves and unlock your inner potential and illuminate yourselves.

So it's time to bring in some professionals.

Over the next few months we will have a couple of great events happening. We will have Susan Campbell PhD giving a great presentation on how to use Getting Real strategies to get clear on what we're ignorant about by learning how to see ourselves honestly and the blind spots we're ignorant to and what we can do about it. Check out Susans' website: http://www.susancampb...­

I'm going to coordinate a new BOOK CLUB for Susan's book Getting Real, so that we can have a foundation to build upon when she facilitates the workshop here in Miami in a few months (details to follow in Mid June for an event in August or September).

Also we're having an excellent Psychoanalyst by the name of Dr Richard Siegel give us a presentation on how our emotions control our lives and what we can do about it by addressing our subconscious mind. You can read more about this at his website: https://www.emotional...­

All of these events and more will help us create greater awareness and EXPAND and ENLIGHTEN us, so we can invest in to ourselves and then raise our level of consciousness so we can greater attain the things we want for ourselves and those around us.

So are you up for the challenge?

I'll see you on the Mountain Top,

Dynamo