addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Axen Ft. Lauderdale Message Board › Freedom & Responsibility

Freedom & Responsibility

Dynamo
user 19537791
Group Organizer
Miami, FL
Hi AXENites,

Humans by nature people seek freedom. For me it is actually one of the greatest desires I possess, to be able to do whatever I want. When I say that I do not mean sipping piña colada’s on the beach, while that’s very nice, that’s leisure, that’s not true freedom. I want true freedom.

Freedom and Responsibility are two sides of the same coin. As the quote by Jocko Wilnick exposes discipline = freedom.

To have the freedom to make things happen, to learn whatever I want, to make great art and to impact the world in the ways that I want to, to have those freedoms it takes one thing — responsiblity.

Therefore freedom is something else, it is a freedom to have the things you want while taking ownership over your power to show up for yourself and do it is true freedom.

Viktor Frankl said it best:
“Freedom, however, is not the last word. Freedom is only part of the story and half of the truth. Freedom is but the negative aspect of the whole phenomenon whose positive aspect is responsibleness. In fact, freedom is in danger of degenerating into mere arbitrariness unless it is lived in terms of responsibleness. That is why I recommend that the Statue of Liberty on the East Coast be supplemented by a Statue of Responsibility on the West Coast.”

80% of success is just showing up, come to an AXEN meeting this week — your future freedom depends on your current level of responsibility.

See you on the Mountaintop,

Dynamo