addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Axen Ft. Lauderdale Message Board › Bricklaying

Bricklaying

Dynamo
user 19537791
Group Organizer
Miami, FL
Hi AXENites,

How you do anything is how you do everything, the most important thing to do is the next number one most important thing there is to do.

I remember an interviewer once asked the famous rapper, actor and mogul Will Smith a question. “What gives you your killer work ethic and positive outlook on life, and the philosophy that anything is possible.”

Will Smith laughs and recalls a formative experience from being a little boy in Philadelphia. Will’s dad was doing some construction on a building he was expanding and he tasked Will and his young brother to build something for him over their summer break from school. They were to build a huge, long brick wall — brick by brick over the hot Philly summer heat one year.

The tasked seemed impossible to Will and his brother, but their dad, Mr Smith Sr a wise man of character and determination, told him nothing is impossible if he got down and did the work. So Will Smith and his little brother both not even teenagers yet, spent the entire summer building the wall. Will Smith with his infectious laughter that quickly shifts to stern focus.

“What I learned that Summer is that anything is possible. I don’t have to build an entire wall, I just have to lay the perfect brick, one after another after another. Brick by perfectly laid brick I’ll have a perfect wall.”

How we do anything is how we do everything, the most important thing to do is the next number one most important thing there is to do. And do that with the care and attention it deserves so we can build what we want for ourselves tomorrow.

See you on the Mountaintop,

Dynamo