addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Axen Ft. Lauderdale Message Board › Big Rocks

Big Rocks

Dynamo
user 19537791
Group Organizer
Miami, FL
Hi AXENites,

There’s a realization I had this week about doing tasks and sticking to a schedule. It’s really a game changer and a paradigm shift with how I use my time.

My New Years Intention (I don’t have resolutions, I have intentions) was to master prioritizing my time and energy, by being more intentional.

I get a lot done but if I’m being fully transparent, it takes me a lot longer than it should because I waste a lot of time. The time wasting is for a variety of reasons, predominantly though it’s a form of escapism in the form of internet distractions, stress eating and oversleeping.

I have always resisted having a schedule because I have viewed it in the past as a form of restriction that keeps me from being free flowing and able to express myself. I hate keeping a planner, agenda or time management — until now.

Something shifted in a conversation I was having with fellow AXENite John Swartz​​. In speaking to John I realized that the resistance to time management and keeping an agenda was that I was being too ambitious with what I thought I could do in a day and then blaming myself for not working harder or faster or being able to stay on task the whole time. This led me to have a breakthrough when I realized the reason I didn’t like the planner was because it made me feel not good enough because I wasn’t capable of keeping up with the ambitious agenda I set up for myself.

In that conversation I realized the resistance to using the planner was tied to that old story of not being good enough and yet that old story is just that, an old story. I then realized if I used the planner as a time tracker that compared what I planned to do in comparison with what I ACTUALLY did, without judgement, just curiosity for what’s actually happening with my most precious asset — my time.

Examining myself I now see that this is what was holding me back to optimizing my time, this feeling of not measuring up. I loathed keeping a planner for that reason. Changing the perspective and seeing it as a tool that is just helping me track what’s actually happening so that I can know what’s actually going on has led to one of the most productive weeks thus far...and I mean ever, this has been one of the most productive weeks ever.

I’ll keep you posted on my progress as I continue to work on Habit 3 (Put First Things First) of the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Working on the Big Rocks.

Stephen Covey First Thing First:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw1_l6oKr1s­
See you on the Mountaintop,

Dynamo