Notes (updated Sunday November[masked])
A tweet from Martin: https://twitter.com/martinwoodward/status/1062455944859262976
* Date and venue upgrade mean some dropped out, so please help promote. If you got an invite from LinkedIn, thank you for clicking through!
* Due to a late change in flight schedules, Martin will get to the venue at 19:30, so we're shifting the times. He's flying in especially for this event, so wouldn't be worth just 30 minutes. An earlier keynote in Amsterdam means a long day for him, so we're very grateful and happy to accommodate the change.
* HOWEVER - Anyone finishing work earlier please join us in the closest bar, from 17:30 till 19:00, to bridge the gap! The actual session in London Reactor will therefore be between 19:00 - 21:00.
* Sorry for FINAL change. Hope you agree it's worth it and welcome to join us beforehand in the bar [to be confirmed].
* We'll arrange for a selection of pizzas to be delivered at 19:00 as well! ---
------- NEWER NEWS!
London Reactor confirmed the change of times. Early-birds meet in a nearby pub beforehand, then go to the Reactor for 7pm - 9pm.
TUE 13th: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6468213978165317632 - Doing the "WO"!!! :D
--------------------------- 8< -------------------------
Martin Woodward is a Principal Group Program Manager at Microsoft. He will be flying in from his keynote in Amsterdam as a special favour! This is not a sales event!! More like "An evening with..." (a true dev rock star!) There are prizes and surprises! Top tips, revelations and road map news! Martin is the most influential person you could hope for, if you have suggestions or an interest in shaping the future!
Those who attended last month's Meetup will know these really are special guest occasions. Giving those who know, a unique and intimate chance to get up close and personal with the upper tiers of Microsoft! He will be revealing inner workings and hidden gems of the world's biggest and most flexible DevOps solution. Helping us manage the full product life cycle, including design, collaboration, testing, delivery and monitoring of live deployments. Saving much pain and cost.
A captivating and entertaining presentation from the man who led transformation of Microsoft's own DevOps, saving them a gazillion beer tokens in the process!
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/special-devops-london-nov-15-2018-peter-laker/ <-- Read/watch more
------ 8< ------
The first part of this session will be focusing on new DevOps tools and the recent changes to Azure DevOps. Opportunities for private and public projects. An evolution to the services we rely on and widening options for us to use our own tools. Share visibility and collaborate with different teams, other partners and even our customers!
Many unique tales about change and conflict within the world's largest company! DevOps as a more flexible collection of services! Chop and change to suit you own needs. Bring your own bits, if you already use other tools. The choice is yours and the chains have truly been lifted. This means you can still take advantage of any part of the toolkit, without being forced to use the rest!
With the remaining time, we'll pull back the curtain on some of Martin's history and explore the nuts and bolts behind the success of Azure. Some special treats are in store in this unique, one-off, two hour extravaganza!
Martin is also one of the best story tellers I know, with a unique and captivating presentation style. Some surprises and revelations for those lucky enough to make this event near Liverpool Street. It promises to be a memorable and intimate event from a true transformer and showman, who captivates and entertains every time!
---- 8< ----
Hear from community leaders, shaping the tools we use and closest to the issues we have, today and tomorrow!
Please join us, for this FREE event.
After work nibbles, drinks, news, prizes and surprises!