BAME (Black Asian Minority Ethnic) in Games is an advocacy or special interest group that exists to encourage more diverse talent to work in the games and the wider entertainment industry. The group manages a professional network to encourage discussion and collaboration on diversity and make available speakers for conferences and events.
Quick Info - Monthly / Casual Meetings - Date: Last Tues of the Month Time: 6-9pm Venue: [Please check the latest events on Meetup] Contact: Jade Leamcharaskul (@JDWasabi https://twitter.com/JDWasabi )
• "Do I need to be Black / Asian / a Minority Ethnic person to be part of the group? I don't want to take your space" First, thank you for being aware of the type of space we are establishing! Secondly, no, you do not need to be a BAME person to be part of the group! This space is not exclusively for X minority group since the purpose of BAME in Games is to expand and build each other's BAME networks. BAME members and/or BAME related focus and issues in the tech and game industry is our primary focus however.
• "Can I help volunteer?" Yes! We're currently working out exactly what's needed at the moment so please bare with us and keep an eye out for updates.
• "Is there anything I can do to help in the meantime?" Since we're an up and coming group, there are many different things you can do, to help this group thrive:
- Be active in the community! Our official links are posted above. Even a like or retweet from our official accounts is always helpful to increase visibility.
- Sponsors: we're always on the look out for sponsors! If you know of anyone or are happy to help us, do get in touch!
• "I've a question / suggestion and it hasn't been address in this post!" Let me know and I can update this FAQ!
If not I'll pass it onto Kish Hirani (Chair of BAME in Games) for any other business questions and I'll get back to you.