It's time once again for Trip Night!
Trip Night features BCATW members giving 10-minute multi-media presentations about their favorite or most recent trip. Come and hear about fabulous travel destinations and get tips about covering them journalistically.
Signups are being accepted now! Contact [masked] to volunteer.
We're asking for members who DID NOT speak at last year's Trip Night (https://www.meetup.com/BC-Association-of-Travel-Writers/events/236270999/) to volunteer.
We will post the presenters as they are added, first come/first served.
Mari Kane - Amtrak's Coast Starlight
John Geary - Paddling the Yukon River to Dawson City
Avrum Miller - Southern Africa
(Your name here)
At this Meetup, you will:
- learn a little (or a lot) about the food, culture and history of each destination
- get to ask specific questions about how and where the stories were published
- have a chance to mingle with travel writers to get tips and advise
- spend a fun social evening out
Volunteer or RSVP now!
As always, BCATW members are FREE!
About the BCATW
The BC Association of Travel Writers promotes, encourages and supports B.C.-based travel journalists, bloggers and videographers. We do this by:
– presenting a platform for our members to network in the common cause of promoting the profession.
– maintaining a policy of ethics, honesty and excellence of work in dealing with the media and the industry.
– upholding the principle of producing proper material for clients in return for complimentary courtesies and press trips offered by the industry.
– disseminating information and potential markets with the membership.
– providing educational and experiential opportunities to help members improve the professional skills and contacts needed to succeed in the ever-changing marketplace
Become a Member of BCATW (http://bcatw.org/become-a-bcatw-member/)!
This month, we're auditioning a new venue since the Tap & Barrel proved too loud for our Meetups.
Milestones is conveniently located near Broadway and Cambie bus stops and the Canada Line. The room is long and narrow and comes with a projector and screen.
To support the venue, we ask that you purchase food and/or drinks during the meetup.