Two presentations will inspire writers to hit the road! Michelle Abraham, Digital Nomad Entrepreneur & Podcaster will discuss repurposing content in the brand new travel niche of RV travel, and Craig Minielly will take us on a photographic journey through the northern frontier of India in advance of a Nov 2018 tour to the south.
About Michelle Abraham
Michelle is Co Founder of IndieRV.com (http://indierv.com/), The RV Industries #1 Travel resource for places to go and things to see. IndieRV partners Brands with Influencers to deliver content, community and connection. She is soon launching a podcast, RVthereYetPodcast.com (http://rvthereyetpodcast.com/).
In her presentation, she'll discuss:
- How to create relationships and content in a new niche to position yourself
as an Expert
- 10 ways to reuse content you already have to get more mileage from it
- How to create revenue streams from your podcast or blog
- How you can work with IndieRV.com as an Influencer
About Craig Minielly
A Nikon Ambassador, Craig Minielly (http://auraphotographics.com) was first published at the age of thirteen, starting his career when he was hired into the press realm two years later. As a featured presenter to events across Canada, the US & Internationally, he has a long list of credentials including multiple Photographer of the Year Awards, Association Masters degrees and the Yousuf Karsh Lifetime Achievement Award.
In his presentation he’ll show us northern India in an emotional visual exploration of a beautiful people, their lives and the land they call home. He’ll also introduce a November tour, “Spices of India", a journey to the south. It promises to be another fascinating & creative adventure of colour, personalities and exciting memories of every flavour!
About our sponsor, BCATW
The BCTW Meetup is sponsored by the BC Association of Travel Writers (https://bcatw.org/), a non-profit organization that promotes, encourages and supports B.C.-based travel journalists, bloggers and videographers. They do this by:
– presenting a platform for our members to network in the common cause of promoting the profession.
– maintaining a policy of ethics, honesty and excellence of work in dealing with the media and the industry.
– upholding the principle of producing proper material for clients in return for complimentary courtesies and press trips offered by the industry.
– disseminating information and potential markets with the membership.
– providing educational and experiential opportunities to help members improve the professional skills and contacts needed to succeed in the ever-changing marketplace
One perk of BCATW membership is attending all BCTW Meetups free!
Read about the benefits of membership and become a member of BCATW at: https://bcatw.org/become-bcatw-member/.
About Red Truck Brewery
In our ongoing audition of new Meetup venues, we are trying out the generous Red Truck Brewery at 295 East 1st Avenue in Vancouver.
Their boardroom is quiet and self contained and we'll have beer and food service. The brewery is a 5 minute walk from the Science World Skytrain station, and also has ample parking.
As this is a smaller venue, we ask that all RSVPs be firm. Meetup members with a history of no-shows will be placed on the Wait list to allow engaged members to attend.
Lots of changes are being made to the Meetup.com site, not all of it good. Apologies to members who are tolerating the bad design of this page, but it's out of BCTW's control.