Have you written a travel story you’d like to get feedback on? Bring it to BCTW’s Critique Night and read your story before a live audience who will offer helpful advice on how to improve it.
Got photos to accompany your story? Click through them as you read and get suggestions on the best ones to use. You’ll also receive suggestions on where to market your story and possibly get a contact name or two.
How Critique Night Works
Sign up to read when you arrive. Each reader will have ten minutes to read a 800-word story and recieve feedback. If you want more in-depth feedback, bring 10-15 printed copies that can be notated with more comments. If we have extra time, you may also be able to read your short pitch for the story.
Feedback on Offer
Among the suggestions you'll get is how to make your story more vivid, engaging, flowing, exciting and well structured. You may also receive suggestions on where you can get the story published, both general and specific. We’ll have experienced travel writers on hand to offer authoritative advice.
So if you are ready to break out with new travel writing and need an extra boost of commentary to get you going, come to Critique Night at the BCTW Meetup!
About our sponsor, BCATW
The BC Association of Travel Writers promotes, encourages and supports B.C.-based travel journalists, bloggers and videographers. We do this by:
– presenting a platform for our members to network in the common cause of promoting the profession.
– maintaining a policy of ethics, honesty and excellence of work in dealing with the media and the industry.
– upholding the principle of producing proper material for clients in return for complimentary courtesies and press trips offered by the industry.
– disseminating information and potential markets with the membership.
– providing educational and experiential opportunities to help members improve the professional skills and contacts needed to succeed in the ever-changing marketplace
Become a Member of BCATW at http://bcatw.org/become-a-bcatw-member!
About Red Truck Brewery
Red Truck brewery is a little confusing to find, but with GPS it's an easy 5 minute walk from the Science World Skytrain station. It also has ample parking in the lot.
Upstairs, beyond the hustle and bustle of the Red Truck tasting room, and overlooking the guts of the brewery, is a quiet and contained boardroom where we enjoy self-served beer as well as food service.
Since Red Truck is generously allowing us to use this space, we ask that you return the support by ordering food and drink.
As this is a smaller venue, we ask that all RSVPs be firm. Meetup members with a history of no-shows will be placed on the Wait list to allow more engaged members to attend.