This group is for those who love the sport and those who want to improve. This is also a social platform to get to know others who have the same love for the sport as a common point of interest. We have sessions ranging between Saturday and Sunday.
On Saturdays the sessions are typically 10-1pm (3hrs). On Sundays the sessions are typically 11-2pm (3hrs).
We play with feather shuttles and the cost is £10 for a 3hr session.
To help the club operate smoothly and to ensure every member stays safe whilst having fun, it is necessary for us all to adhere to COVID-19 guidelines.
• Collectively, this is what we need to do:
• Only attend the club/session if you have a slot reserved. Arrive at the venue 15 minutes in advance. Parking is currently outside of the college.
• Maximum 6ppl to a court and must remain within their bubble for the duration of the session. Each bubble group is pre-arranged by the club organizer. You will be informed of your bubble upon arrival to Bacon's College.
• If you experience any COVID-19 symptoms, please do not attend the session and inform the organiser at your earliest convenience. If you have been in close contact with a person who has COVID-19 or have been tested positive, please let the club organiser know prior to attending.
• Travel to the venue by private vehicle is highly recommended and ideally to share with people within the same household only. If public transport is the only option, please use face covering.
• Must attend the badminton venue fully changed and ready to play. Changing facilities at Bacon’s College are currently unavailable.
• Everyone must bring their own equipment and labelled drink for the session, avoid sharing.
• Entry and exit to the club will be via a designated route and will be communicated in advance. Upon entry and exit, use the hand sanitiser provided by the venue. Please go straight to the assigned court/ area at the allocated time given.
• Belongings must be stored in accordance to the 2 metre guideline and away from other players.
• Anyone off court must maintain at least 2 metre distance from those who are playing and other members around them.
• Avoid physical contact with any third party equipment such as post, nets, floor mops etc.
• Only share shuttles within the prearranged play group. Minimise your contact with the shuttle where possible i.e. use your racket to pick up the shuttle from the floor. Players need to wash their hands/ use hand sanitiser before and after play. Hand sanitizers will be available throughout each session.
• Body contact is to be avoided at all times i.e. no high fives, hand shakes (use racket instead).
• Once the session is over, everyone is to leave the club promptly, no gathering is permitted. Players are to leave in order of the nearest court to the exit first.
• High risk members to make themselves aware to any one of our designated COVID officers.
• Under 18 are not permitted to attend.
• Note: Your contact and attendance details will be recorded to support the NHS Test & Trace programme.
Thank you for your continuous support, we hope to see all our badminton enthusiasts on court soon.
Any questions feel free to speak with any BC² organisers.