At our next session, we plan to cover Event Management in the Raiser's Edge.
The first presentation will showcase how Signature Events and Independent Community events are handled at VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation, from overall Event record set-up with a focus on important things to track to guest list responses, attendees, donations, sponsorships & payments, gift summaries and expenses.
We confirmed a second presenter, Steven Best brings years of Event Management experience to our group. He'll review Event Management techniques at the Vancouver Art Gallery.
We realize a number of organizations are using 3rd party tools (instead of optional "RE Event Management module"), so please come prepared to discuss how your group manages ticketed and free events.
AGENDA for July 6, 2016
8:30 to 9:00 Breakfast and Networking
9:00 am RE Events Management from a Healthcare perspective, Kevin Truong and Adrienne Moak, VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation
10:00 am Break
10:15 am Events Management from Arts perspective, Steven Best
11:00 am Discussion group around 3rd party event tools
This event is taking place at a NEW venue, we are kindly hosted by the BC Cancer Foundation and BC Cancer Research Agency.
Questions to reflect upon:
1. What type of follow-ups are recommended after events?
2. How do organizations track event attendees if they don’t have the Events module?
3. How successful has online event management been? Are you using external or internal tracking? Do you hire vendors or consultants to run events?
4. What are some key points to watch out for in targeting major donors and sponsors for events?
5. How does the attendee and gift information get uploaded into Raiser’s Edge?