Kyle Forster, Big Switch Founder, will talk through five recent deployments of SDN Software and Open Switching Hardware in both large and small data centers. He will discuss insights taken from Google's Project Andromeda and Microsoft's Project DeMON, and how those have influenced the industry's expectations in both networking hardware and software.
On a more personal front, the expertise expected of successful "data center SDN experts" are broadening as data center SDN and Cloud/IaaS technologies have become increasingly intertwined. Kyle will share his perspectives on what is working, and not working, for individuals and teams that have gone through the deployment process.
A few sample deployments for discussion:
• SDN and Open HW at large scale: a tier-1 NFV Cloud
• SDN and Open HW at large scale: a high security IaaS cloud
• SDN and Open HW at mid scale: a VDI cloud-SDN and Open HW at small scale: an emerging public cloud
• SDN and Open HW before and beyond switching: tapping every rack in Redmond
Doors open at 6:30.
Kyle will speak at 7:00.
After the talk there will be time for open discussion and socializing.
Pizza and refreshments will be provided.
• DON'T FORGET - for security reasons, the NERD center requires attendees to show a government issued photo ID in order to gain access into the building.
• The NERD is near the Kendall Square red line stop. It's not the building directly above the T, but next to the Longfellow bridge.
• Parking: Best option for parking is the NERD center parking garage which charges a flat rate after 4pm.
About the Speaker:
Kyle Forster is the founder of Big Switch Networks, and at different times has led the Product, Marketing, Business Development and Sales organizations. As company founder, he has raised over $50m in venture capital and recruited the company's management team and CEO. He led the initial product design efforts, and later recruited the company's first end user design partners, leading to the first $5m in revenue.Kyle led the marketing team through a brand re-build in 2014,culminating in the launch of the company's flagship product, Big CloudFabric. He currently serves as a board member and founder-at-large,working on projects of strategic interest to the company with key customers and partners. Prior to Big Switch, Kyle spent most of his career at Cisco in product management and strategy roles. He holds six patents in SDN, wireless networking and security, a BSE inElectrical Engineering from Princeton, an MS in Computer Science and an MBA from the Stanford.