addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Backyard Skeptics Los Angeles Message Board › Support the FTA

Support the FTA

Bruce G.
brucegleason
Group Organizer
Villa Park, CA
Dear Friend of the OCFreethought Alliance, 

I am writing to you on behalf of the Friends of the Orange County Freethought Alliance Conference. We are currently raising money to support 2013 Freethought Alliance Conference being held in Anaheim in May 2013. This year, the conference welcomes speakers PZ Myers, Greta Cristina, Matt Dillahunty, John Shook, Jessica Ahlquist, John Rosenau and Margaret Downey  ~ and possibly more. It's the only secular conference in the Orange County area, and we want to make it as great as possible.

To accomplish this goal, we are asking members of the Freethought community to donate prizes for our gift basket raffle, taking place at the BYS Winter Solstice FUNdraising Party on December 22, 2012. We are hoping you might be willing to offer a gift basket, an item for a gift basket, or a cash donation to be used to helping create them. 

Your generous donation will be  publicly acknowledged at the Winter Solstice Party. If you are a business owner, this is an excellent opportunity to introduce your product or services to the secular community. You are welcomed to provide business cards or a small display card (no larger than 5X7, please) that we will display near your gift basket. 

If you are interested in creating a themed basket and need ideas, please email me and I will share what others are doing to help spark a few ideas. Should you have any questions associated with this request or the 2013 Freethought Conference, please feel free to contact me at david.redmond@gmail.com­. Baskets and prizes can be dropped off at my home in Garden Grove, or we an arrange a better way for you. 

And check out the Winter Solstice Party on the Backyard Skeptics Meet-up page at http://www.meetup.com...­  We hope you will be there, too! 

Regards,
David Redmond
Friends of the Orange County Freethought Alliance Conference