We host meetings every 4-8 weeks that have a 30-45 minute educational segment on a technology topic and then an hour+ of breakout sessions where Technology volunteers work with nonprofits on any current technology questions, issues, strategy, etc. around websites, databases (organizing, filtering, reporting on data), infrastructure/tech support, software questions, social media, information security, etc.
5 primary ways nonprofits can benefit from Techies for Good volunteers:
1. Overall technology audit/health assessment
2. Fixing small issues/bugs (EX. functionality on your website might be broken and need to be fixed/troubleshot)
3. Website additions/enhancements - small additions, like integrating PayPal or social media or adding a webpage/content, that could be accomplished in under an hour!
4. Education - Learning how to do certain things, like maintain website, utilize social media, etc.
5. New website or website overhaul/redesign - we only do this once a year, during our web development days, and nonprofits selected for these days have to have attended at least 2 Techies for Good meetings to be eligible
***To benefit from Techies for Good, you have to attend our MeetUp events/meetings!***
Know any nonprofits who need technology help? Invite them to this group!