Location: AMR Tech Park, Block 1, First Floor 23 & 24 Hosur Main Road, Bommanahalli, Garvebhavi Palya.
Ticket Link: https://www.instamojo.com/bangpypers/workshop-device-interfacing-with-python/
Speaker: Vijay Kumar (http://bravegnu.org/) is embedded GNU/Linux expert and trainer. He is a co-organizer of ChennaiPy.
Embedded Linux Device Interfacing with PythonOverview
The objective of the workshop is to understand how various sensors and actuators are accessed and controlled from a Linux based embedded system. We hope this will be a starting point for people who want to build connected and IoT enabled embedded systems using Linux.
Embedded Systems are no longer restricted to firmware developers. With Linux being used in many embedded systems, Java and Python developers can also build useful products using these systems.
This workshop will help application developers learn how to interface with the sensors and actuators using interfaces like Serial, I2C, GPIO, PWM and ADC, from a high level language like Python.
- Vijay Kumar, Technologist at Zilogic Systems https://www.linkedin.com/in/bravegnu
- Deepak, Technologist at Zilogic Systems https://www.linkedin.com/in/deepak-soundararajan-36b95421
- Babusubashchandar, Technical Specialist at Zilogic Systems https://www.linkedin.com/in/babuenir/
- Raashid Muhammed, Technical Specialist at Zilogic Systems https://www.linkedin.com/in/raashid-muhammed-3b380425/
- Should be familiar with the Linux command-line.
- Should be familiar with Python
Hardware and Software Requirements
- Participants are required to bring their own laptop, with at-least two free USB ports.
- Supported operating systems: Windows / Linux / Mac OS X.
- Should have the following software installed: putty >= 0.62
09:00 - Setup
09:15 - Embedded Linux Introduction
10:15 - Device Interfacing
11:15 - Introduction to Drivers
12:15 - Serial Interface
01:00 - Lunch Break
02:00 - I2C Interface
03:00 - Sysfs
03:30 - GPIOs
04:00 - PWM Interface
04:30 - ADC Interface
05:00 - Q&A + Feedback
Embedded Linux Introduction
- Why Embedded Linux
- Hardware Components
- Development Setup
- Accessing the Target
- Device Interfacing
- Memory Interfacing
- Address Decoding
- Memory Mapped IO
- Controller Based IO
- Introduction to Drivers
- Linux Device Abstraction
- Device Files
- Mouse Device Access
- Audio Device File
- Sound Mixer Device
- CD ROM Device
- Serial Interface
Python Serial Port Access
I2C Device Access
Purpose of SysFS
LEDs and Keys