The Bangalore Social Entrepreneurs community is a local hub for social entrepreneurs with events that share knowledge from sector leaders, create networking opportunities, and connect you to a large community of support.
The motto is to showcase the opportunities available in the social enterprise sector and inspire more people to take social entrepreneurship to impact India's poor.
This platform is open to all social impact events happening in Bangalore, please share details of events taking place you are aware of.
GRAB YOUR TICKETS AT A FLAT 1000/- DISCOUNT: FOR FIRST 15 PARTICIPANTS ONLY: https://in.explara.com/e/swbangaloretgswsr/
💡 What is Startup Weekend?
Do you have an idea you'd like to pursue or a problem you'd like to solve but don't know where to start or who to start with?
Startup Weekend is the place to look for a team, create a prototype of your idea, validate your business idea, and receive feedback from experienced entrepreneurs, all in one weekend. The last decade, we’ve organized more than 4,000 in over 150 countries, consolidating Startup Weekend as the biggest incubator for the world!
🙋♀️ An event open for all ages, experience levels and backgrounds, of motivated people with ideas or willing to join other teams and improve the sustainability of their communities and the world. If you’re looking for a team, co-founder, mentors or an idea to leave your mark in the world, Startup Weekend is the event for you.
🌳 This edition will be part of the Global Startup Weekend Sustainable Revolution, a global initiative led by volunteers in order to put sustainable development at the forefront of the world stage.
Here in Bangalore, the Startup Weekend will take place on 21st - 23rd June 2019
At the same time, more than 60 cities around the world will organize their own Startup Weekend on sustainability!
After that, a final round online will be held where each local winner will pitch its idea in a one minute video. The 5 best projects elected by the public will get special prizes to help them launch their startups in real life!
🌎 Why a Startup Weekend on sustainability?
🌿 Because environmental sustainability is one of the biggest challenges humanity is facing, it’s our duty to help entrepreneurs find the best solutions to overcome it.
✅ The challenges of entrepreneurship in sustainability you can work in during this weekend are diverse:
- Build eco-conceived products & reverse planned obsolescence
- Substitute the disposable by the sustainable
- Reduce food waste
- Foster local production and local distribution
- Build sustainable agriculture and a sustainable food industry
- Build highly energy efficient products and systems
- Produce sustainable energy
- (Re)Build sustainable buildings
- Design resilient, smart and inclusive cities
- Design Fintech for inclusive sustainable finance and markets
- Build the future of sustainable transportation
- Foster education on sustainability
How to participate?
🎟 Startup Weekend is a full weekend-long experience.
Your ticket includes:
- Hands-on chance to learn the process for going from concept to creation.
- Opportunity to meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs in your city.
- 7 full (and delicious) meals over the course of the weekend.
- Benefits and discounts from our global partners.
- One-on-one time with amazing mentors.
- Focused time to learn and practice new skills to take back to your job or to take your own idea from concept to creation.
- A new network of developers, designers, and entrepreneurs eager, like you, to change the world.
- All the internet and coffee you can consume.
- Time to present your final pitch to a select panel of judges and investors.
- A LOT OF FUN!
📼 Watch the video below to see what you can expect, and if you’re feeling inspired, click on the “Buy Ticket” button now!