Every day, billions of people use digital services developed in another country and culture. At this scale, their experience cannot possibly be consistent. The building blocks of content and design are presented in different devices, different contexts of use and sometimes abysmally different perceptions of the same brand or product. Traditionally, making a product accessible to international audiences required rapid engineering and development processes. Now, competitive drive moves localisation upstream and puts in touch a combination of disciplines: core user experience, deep product strategy, user research, and advanced interaction design.
In this session, we will explore:
- what is user experience (UX) and what it can mean for international users,
- what roles can L10N play in the design process,
- cultural and international factors in UX design,
- how to integrate both disciplines into a healthy and successful globalisation process,
- future opportunities in a new content industry where design matters more than ever.
Our speaker will be Alberto Ferreira, Senior UX Consultant at eDreams ODIGEO
Alberto has worked extensively in globalisation services and product development with his key interests lying in user experience (UX) as well as content optimisation technologies and processes. He specializes in aiding companies to redesign their digital presence and determine the user’s real needs with a global perspective. He has over seven years of experience in agile methodologies and corporate change, and is a cross-disciplinarian by nature. Alberto is also the author of Universal UX, to be published by Morgan Kaufmann in 2016, and often speaks and writes on design, localization and branding.