addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Miltown H.
Vinny832
Pittsburg, CA
Post #: 16
I highly recommend The Atheism Tapes, which is a series of six half hour BBC interviews with well-known atheists including Richard Dawkins. If you click on the link I provided, you will see a Wikipedia description that is far better than anything I can sit here and type.

The reason I recommend this is because each of the seven participants (the interviewer, Jonathan Miller, and his six subjects) speaks freely and elegantly about what they believe, how they came to believe it, why they think others believe in religion, how they are challenged about their disbelief in everyday life and how they respond to those challenges. As such, it is a good opportunity to reconsider what we do and don't believe, and it provides plenty of good grist for the mill for the next time someone wants to engage you in a discussion of their faith. None of the participants is trying to convert anyone; rather, they assume that the audience is rational enough to consider what they are saying based on merit.

Netflix members can watch The Atheism Tapes in streaming video any time, or for at least as long as they are made available (it seems that Netflix swaps in and out on its downloadable selections all the time, not sure if its licensing or something else). And a few of the interviews are or were available as public domain via google. Hope you watch and enjoy.
Wendy
user 9892369
San Ramon, CA
Post #: 228
Didn't know about The Atheism Tapes. Thanks for sharing.