addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Everything Outdoors Club Message Board › Kayaking ... Final Updates

Kayaking ... Final Updates

Nash
user 10816667
Alameda, CA
Greetings All!

We are almost to the day that I've been looking forward to for weeks! I've been in regular contact with the folks at Kayak Connection. They are very excited we will be coming as well. Thanks so much for your patience!

There are two things I want to address in what will be (I hope) the final email to the group: 1) many of you are trying to finalize carpool arrangements; 2) I am sending off a final head count to Kayak Connection. For carpooling, I suggest you try two things: write your information in the "discussion" section of the web site instead of updating your RSVP with new information. Second, send emails directly to the people who want to carpool. For example, if you look to the right of our web site, you see the RSVPs with names and often photos. I see at least two people coming from So SF and one from SF. If you are coming from San Francisco, you can click those names. That will take you to their page where you can send an email. I also see some of our members have posted their willingness to share rides in the "discussion" area of the web site. You can also respond to or initiate conversation there.

Second, the head count. There are nine people on the waiting list. ALL WHO CALL TO RESERVE THEIR KAYAKS should do so. If you are on the wait list and want to participate, call Kayak Connection to reserve your kayak. Then, send an email to me so that you are on my list. Our web site list will only include 20 people but I can add to that list. It helps Kayak Connection if we give them a final head count. Please make your final changes no later than 12 noon on Thursday, June 17th.

Finally, we arrive this Saturday at 12:00 noon and launch between 12:45-1:00 p.m. That extra time is needed to ensure we get through all the logistics before launching. Last time, we only got three hours on the water after all the logistics. This timeframe was arranged to ensure we will get the full four hours.

Hope this helps!

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!

Nash