addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Hierarchical Temporal Memory Meetup Group Message Board › I'll volunteer to be temporary organizer until a competent replacement is found.

I'll volunteer to be temporary organizer until a competent replacement is found.

A former member
Post #: 3
This has nothing to do with self gain. It's about personal feelings. I feel this is such an important concept as it applies to our global collective future that despite I've bad ADHD if no one else steps up I'll do it so the group stays alive. Mind you, the first competent person who steps up and I"m done. As in please someone take this.

Also I can't afford to pay the fees. Perhaps if everyone would chip in a what they can. The sum of small amounts is a larger amount. There are 112 people in the member list and it runs $19 for one month. That's less than $.05 per person . So toss a $.50 paypal from half the group and that matter is covered for the next month.

Look, I don't really want to do this, so please someone else grab it before the 8 days expire. If I have to, my sole task would be to find someone who is willing to be the permanent Organizer. I'd have to include a 10 minute discussion at the start how to go about achieving this at every meeting. Also organizing is not a strong suite for someone with ADHD.

Send me any ideas, suggestions, whatever. If no one else has taken it by the 7th day, ugh I'll reluctantly take it.

Perhaps this is simply for the purpose of motivating someone to take the role. Please. You don't want me doing this, and you are almost surely better at it. The only thing in my favor is I am a numentia non-academic developer (required to download the demos).

Furthermore, it should likely be put to a vote.

Here's what I came up with, which seems fair. email you vote to me. I'll post the votes anonymous at the end of each day with a yes or no and a time stamp when it was received. This way you can verify your vote was registered, but no one knows how anyone else voted.

Oh well, it's out of my hands now.
mike

Mike
A former member
Post #: 1
Hello Mike.

THANK YOU! I was very bombed to hear that Numenta had drop the ball on this. I understand that they are a small company with a small staff but i think they could learn quite a bit from participant of the HTM Meetup. granted they have a lot of work to do to release the next version of Nupic (vision, prediction...) but 2 hours a month does not seem to be a big investment in time for a company who is hoping to reach potential customers (developers)

In any event, thank you for stepping in. I would be happy to chip in whatever is needed to pay for Meetup fee. It would be a shame to stop this meeting and the communication tool it represent. I just hope Numenta would provide some support in form of employees time to time so this group is not always talking to itself. Another issue, is that a lot of people in the group come without ever trying Nupic on their own problems (as a learning experience) so the conversation is limited to generalities. Maybe we should choose a toy problem and work together in implementing it as a learning tool. That way we could maybe concentrate the conversation during those meetings.

Thank you again so much for trying to keep this group alive. You have my vote and cash!

Take care Mike.

Mo.
Ramana
user 8173614
Newark, CA
Post #: 1
Hi Mike,

I am not sure if I am too late in replying. But if you can really take it up I will do my best to support you in any form I can.