addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Cycling Message Board › Morgan Territory Incident

Morgan Territory Incident

A former member
Post #: 48
Hi all,
Just letting you know that I got sideswiped by a clueless/inconsiderate/reckless driver. Unfortunately, I'd fallen back from group adjusting cue sheet, but had group in sight and was planning to catch up when it happened. :( Police came and filed report, but I don't expect anything to come of it.

I'm ok, some bruises down my side and shaken up of course. Personal cell is broken, minor inconvenience.
A former member
Post #: 14
Barbara,

Glad you're OK. It must have happened near the beginning of the ride. I didn't even get a chance to meet you. We stopped in Clayton for some time to wait. A cyclist not part of the meetup group told us a cyclist named Barbara got sideswiped, appeared uninjured and that the police had come and taken her. He also told us your phone was broken.

I'm relieved you hear you had the good fortune to get home safely.

Victor B
A former member
Post #: 15
scary barbara! so glad you're ok! do you mean the car that hit you didn't stop to help!?
A former member
Post #: 49
No, driver did not stop. :-/ The driver had to have known s/he hit me b/c there was huge "whack!" (impact ripped my jersey) and I saw driver correct driving as continued to speed away. Karma!
A former member
Post #: 16
OMG, I can't believe they wouldn't stop! I hope they find the jerk who hit you!

I'm also sorry you were alone when that happened. It might be a problem of riding with a bunch of people who don't know each other yet - easy not to notice when someone goes missing. I think I'll send out an email to all the members encouraging a buddy system on rides so we're all known by at least one other person in the group.

Hope to meet you on another ride soon!
jb
Paul
pablo.skils
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 12
Barbara, I'm so sorry to read about this. What a dreadful introduction to cycling in the Bay Area. From here it can only get better! I am relieved to hear your injuries aren't a lot worse, and I wish you a speedy recovery from the shock as well as those injuries you sustained.

How is your bike? Often if you take your bike to a dealer of the bike's brand and tell them the circumstances in which the damage was sustained, they will give you price breaks on replacement parts.

Please will you let us know the exact location of the accident? And it would be a service to all cyclists in the Bay Area if you would file a brief report here: http://www.baycitizen.org/data/bike-accidents/­.

Paul S