What we're about
• Fun Dance Parties
You can also organize your own events.
Want to organize some events? Call Phil Seyer at 916-300-8700 or email him at ProfessionalsGuild@gmail.com with **Events** in the subject line. (don't forget the ***)
Before applying for membership, please read this description carefully and answer the communication check questions below.
Bay Area Fun Events Meetup has many exciting offerings. Some events are small cocktail parties, others are huge events at major hotels. We have dance lessons, wine hikes, dog lovers meetups. Bay cruises, and tours to other countries, as well as exciting dance party mixers -- to name a few!. Team members are constantly coming up with new exciting ideas for Meetups. Couples and singles are welcome to join and attend. Many members are single and available! Why? Because SINGLES KNOW HOW TO PARTY!
Got a photo of yourself? Ready to upload it with your application for membership? If so, get ready to enjoy fun and elegant mixers and dance parties for singles in the Bay Area.
Ageism. Please don't join and then complain that people are too young or too old. Generally people are 25 up and in 30's, 40's & 50's. Some are younger than 25 and some are over 59! Ageist comments like "there were too many wrinkles" are not cool.
***IMPORTANT *** To join, be sure answer ALL PROFILE QUESTIONS. (Scroll down to see all questions).
Join our Leadership Team! If you are interested in co-hosting an event, you can also participate. Want to be an Event Organizer? Join our leadership team. Call Phil and let him know you would like to participate.
Call or Text Phil at 916-300-8700 -- tell him your screen name so he can make you an event organizer.
We work closely with other organizations including Professionals Guild.as well as other groups hosting fun events!. We support the Seva Foundation by co-sponsoring the SINGLES CHARITY BALL and we help cure many blind people in the poor countries of the world.
Our New Years Eve parties feature a live bands and a DJ, Casino Gaming, Party Favors, and amazingly hotel room rates with breakfast for 2 at the San Ramon Marriott, and the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. We actually have 2 beautiful Bay Area hotels reserved for us.
The FastTimes Band (above) is one of the bands that has played for us on New Year's. We are also working with other great bands, like the Groove Doctors.
See our Bay Area New Years Eve Youtube video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8ijndbRbZI
Balloon Drop Photo above was taken at one of our New Year's Eve Blasts!
1. True or false? Members can also host events by applying to be Event organizers.
2. True or false? Comments about age are acceptable.
Check your answers below.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1. Yes. members can be event organizers too.
2. Definitely not true. Ageist comments are not welcome here. People of all ages are welcome at our events and we want everyone to feel welcome.
Upcoming events (4+)
NAXOS - GREEK ISLAND TRIP!
• Dates & Cost (10 days / 9 nights):
May 23 - June 1, 2023 -- $2800 per person, excluding flights
June 1 - 10, 2023 -- $3000 per person, excluding flights *Peak season
• Details: https://globe-drifters.com/trip/greek-naxos-slowcation/
This trip is a “Slowcation” and you can read more about it here: https://globe-drifters.com/extended-stay-trips/
Below is some information. If you have any questions, you can email [masked].
Stay in a 5-star boutique hotel located in the peaceful countryside of Naxos, but just a 15-minute walk into the island’s old town (with a grocery store and plenty of cafes & restaurants) and a 10-minute walk to some of the most beautiful beaches in the Aegean Sea (with umbrella and beach chair rental available!).
There are some really amazing activities planned during the trip such as: a private catamaran around some of the more far-flung and less-traveled Cycladian islands and a private culinary experience at a local family’s farm.
Naxos is the biggest island in the Cyclades and it is a transportation hub for getting to many of the more well-known islands like Paros, Mykonos and Santorini which are all affordable & reachable by ferry. This allows for easy day trips to many of the islands.
Please email [masked] if you have any questions.
If you’d like to interact with other travelers who have traveled with Globe Drifters or are considering it, feel free to join the Facebook Travel Forum: https://www.facebook.com/groups/613025845523107.
COVID UPDATE: If your trip is canceled prior to departure in the event of a COVID-19-related reason, a full refund will be made.
- 1 attendee
Overseas Event. You depart from Bay Area with others
¡¡¡ Pura Vida !!!
Come alone, leave with friends!
Join me in Costa Rica for 9 nights/10 days of exploration and tropical adventures. . . . Best Meetup ever!!
Costa Rica is a playground for the adventurous and an eco-tourist's dream! It is an unspoiled tropical paradise.
- Beautiful beaches
- Rainforest biodiversity
- Misty volcanoes
- Roaring rivers
- Lush jungles
- Exotic flora and fauna
- And more!!
And we are going there to enjoy it, learn about it and make memories of a lifetime!
This event is a true Meetup. We are creating it from scratch, and bringing like-minded people together on this adventure. Along the way making lifelong memories and friendships.
Together . . . let’s make a Meetup to remember!
- Hike around the base of the Arenal Volcano
- Selvatura Zip Line Canopy Tour
- Guided visit to Finca Luna Nueva Farm
- Caño Negro Refuge Tour/Visit
- Rio Frio Wildlife Refuge Boat Tour
- Hanging Bridges Walking Tour
- Ecotermales Hot Springs
- Monteverde Night Walk Tour
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve Tour (daytime)
- River Floating Tour
- Tamarindo Beach
- Sunset Sailing
- Snorkeling Tour
- And more!
For a detailed Day By Day itinerary Click Here to fill out our info request form
Land Tour cost $2195 per person, double occupancy (we match roommates for those traveling solo, and most of us are doing just that).
If you want your own room: Solo occupancy additional $690
The only way to secure your spot for this meetup is a $300 deposit that is refundable up to 90 days before departure.
Click here for secure deposit link
When you make a deposit be sure to fill out our ATTENDEES FORM.
As we mentioned, . . . the cost is $2195. This is for the "Land" portion only. Airfare is not included. This gives you the flexibility to have a flight with timing that works best for you. Or to use points/miles.
I can also help arranging your airfare. To receive an offer, CLICK HERE and send me a message.
What is Included in this trip:
- 9 Nights hotel accommodation
- 9 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners.
- Meet & Greet at the airport.
- Pick-up from airport to our hotel, and hotel to airport at the end of the trip
- Transportation throughout the trip
- Private naturalist English speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees and tours mentioned in the itinerary day-by-day description
- Daily water bottles for the group
- Hotel and Added Value Tax
Does not include:
x International Airfare
x Meals other than specified
x Optional Tours
x All items of personal nature (telephone calls, Laundry, room service, etc.)
x Tipping for tour guides and drivers
Want more info?
Click Here to fill out our info request form
RSVP to the event with your email to receive additional info.
SCLICK HERE to send me a message
Whatever is easiest for you!
Still have questions?
We do a Q & A Zoom every two weeks or so.
CLICK HERE for our Q & A Zoom. RSVP on that event to get a reminder for the zoom.
Click here for the MAIN location of this event on Meetup RSVP there to post any discussion and to get notice of any comments and discussions. As well as any updates and reminders
We believe in good decent social.
- Anna B.
- 3 attendees
LUV 2 Sing + Lost N 80's ?
Immerse yourself in non-stop music. Let's sing 80's club and dance hits!
hi NRG 80's POP + ROCK + RAP = 80's R BACK karaoke party time!
To experience non-stop karaoke music, fun, excitement etc. etc. etc.
1700 Post St, San Francisco, CA 94115
Karaoke 7 DAYS A WEEK, Lounge Opens 6Pm
DIMPLES, an underground karaoke lounge in the heart of Japan town, pumping out Classic Rock, J-rock, Hip-hop, Rhythm and Blues, Country, Big Bass, Drum-n-Bass, Club, Trance, Buddha Bar, and Hi-NRG dance hits! Look through our extensive song list catalogue with a huge selection of songs to choose from, everything from 50 Cent to Frank Sinatra. Continuous music entertainment throughout the night.
We got it all, loads of fun and friends at DIMPLES!
bcnu thr soon!
Sunday Night KJ
- 2 attendees
June 30th – July 8th, 2023
Email us to see daily itinerary at [masked]
We're invited to another incredible adventure with our friends at PhotoFly Travel Club! (https://www.photoflytravel.com/)
Sign up & Secure your spot at: https://photoflytravel.org/tour/ireland-group-tours/
Please e-mail us for the day by day itinerary ([masked]):
- 8 Night /9 Day Ireland small group tour
- Breakfast daily
- 3 Dinners Included
- Quaint boutique B&Bs and top-rated hotels
- Privately guided
Incredible Ireland (8 nights)
- Historic Kilkenny: This charming “city” of 25,000 is indeed the smallest in the country and has been coined the medieval capital of Ireland.
- The Rock of Cashel: On arrival in Dublin our road trip begins by heading south to our first encounter with stunning medieval architecture.
- Lismore Castle Gardens: A spectacular drive with photo stops over the Knockmealdown Mountains takes us to the beautiful heritage town of Lismore. Visit the colorful castle gardens, covered in beautiful flowers, plants & trees, arranged over seven acres within the castle’s 17th century defensive walls.
- Irish Whiskey Tasting & Tour: This historic Distillery was fully preserved and is now home to the Jameson Experience.
- Kenmare: Free time to wander around this beautiful town self proclaimed as a “walkers paradise”.
- Sneem and the Ring of Kerry: The village of Sneem on the spectacular Ring of Kerry is nestled between mountains and the wild, rugged, coast offering some of the best views in the country!
- Kayak Excursion: A unique, expertly guided experience on Kenmare Bay with stable and comfortable kayaks.
- The Dingle Peninsula: Dingle is magic, its mellow landscape is one of green hills and golden sands culminating in Europe’s most westerly point.
- Slea Head Drive: An epic drive around the most stunning parts of Dingle Peninsula.
- Dingle Town: A vibrant fishing port in the heart of the peninsula, this charming fishing village has a picturesque variety of shops, comfy pubs, café’s, and charming B&Bs.
- Connor’s Pass: We’ll depart Dingle with yet another stunning view along the highest mountain pass in Ireland.
- Cliffs of Moher: Looming over County Clare’s west coast, the cliffs stretch for 5 miles and 700 feet over the Atlantic Ocean.
- Galway: Our local guide will show us around the best spots and hidden corners of this great city.
- Dublin: Fast becoming the premier city destination in Europe.
- Guinness Storehouse: Guinness is synonymous with Ireland and when in Dublin, no visit is complete without a trip to the Guinness Storehouse..
- St. Patricks Cathedral: The largest and tallest church in Ireland, St. Patricks was built between 1191 and 1270.
- Kilmainham Gaol (Prison): Kilmainham Gaol is one of the largest unoccupied gaols, in Europe, covering some of the most heroic and tragic events in Ireland’s emergence as a modern nation from the 1780s to the 1920s.
- Final Night Irish Dinner, Song, & Dance at the Merry Ploughboy Pub: The only pub in Ireland owned and managed by musicians, its unique ‘hands on’ approach from the owners make our final night in Ireland one we’ll never forget!
- As always this entire trip will be amazing for photography. (PhotoFly Travel Club adventures are laid back when it comes to photography. They are not workshop style based tours and you do not need to be an avid photographer to join. All are welcome!)
- All Ground & Water Transfers Included
- International airfare not included but we’re happy to help you find the best flights as always. (Flying in and out of Dublin (DUB) )
*Single Supplement: $850.00
Go here to sign up: https://photoflytravel.org/tour/ireland-group-tours/
- 12 attendees
Past events (2,286)
- Tom Bold aka: Indie T.
- 7 attendees