What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
जंग तो ख़ुद ही एक मसला है
जंग क्या मसलों का हल देगी
आग और ख़ून आज बख़्शेगी
भूक और एहतियाज कल देगी
इसलिए ऐ शरीफ़ इंसानों
जंग टलती रहे तो बेहतर है
आप और हम सभी के आँगन में
शमा जलती रहे तो बेहतर है
The poet who penned these lines, Sahir Ludhianvi, is gone for more than four decades, but the relevance of these verses, and many more of his verses, remains! A poet who got his first compilation published at the age of 22 and became the soul of 'mushairas' in the town; who had an arrest warrant in his name for his explosive writing, but who has also written some of the most soul touching sensitive ones too; and who subsequently went on to become one of the most loved lyricist too in Hindi cinema. Sahir Ludhianvi was all this and a lot more.!
Team Parwaz invites you to an evening dedicated to the life and poetry of the iconic poet, Sahir Ludhianvi.
- Recitation of Sahir's poetry from Talkhian, Aao ki koi khwab bune and other compilations
- Interactive discussion on his poetry
- Talk about some popular and not so popular film songs of Sahir as lyricist
- A brief discussion on his life, and his journey as a poet and as a lyricist.
- Live Singing of foot tapping numbers of Sahir, the lyricist
- DINNER @ Zorba
Date & Time: Saturday, 28th May, 5.00 to 8 PM
Venue: Zorba the Buddha
7, Tropical Drive, MG Road,
Ghitorni (near Ghitorni Station)
New Delhi, India[masked]
Contri:1000/- Per Person.
[Book at https://bit.ly/39ZVFKY]
- The presentation will be done in 'Hindi and Urdu' and bits of English!
- This event is a limited seat event, so prior booking is necessary.
- Children below 12yrs are not allowed
For any queries, give us a buzz at[masked] or shoot an email to [masked].
Hosts for the evening
- Prerak Vyas - co-founder at Parwaz, Prerak is a poet at heart, reader, artist and history buff who lives hindi film music. Check his tribute to Sahir on his birth centenary at our YT channel - https://youtu.be/0kTFm-ltZe0
- Priyanka Bhaskar - Engineer by profession, co-founder at Parwaz - the poet's collective, a voracious reader, an avid traveller and trekker who runs away to mountains at first given opportunity.
- Sourabh Chakraborty - A mechanical engineer by profession, with a passion for music and Ghazals
Find him at
In today's fast pace times we tend to place literary arts at a higher pedestal and assume that it is something that one should address with all attention, and hence instead of refreshing, it is perceived to be a draining activity. Parwaz is aimed to break that myth, and via our 'baithaks' we bring literature including poems, poets, short stories and anything that has a literary value, closer to people's heart. And with this, we want to reinstate that literary arts provides you with the most refreshing form of entertainment. It feeds the mind and nourishes the soul, and if our participants are to be believed, it proves to be one of the best ways to spend an evening !
We have conducted over 50 baithaks commemorating literary stalwarts like Ghalib, Mir, Sahir, Zafar, Tagore, Ismat Chugtai, Gulzar, Javed Akhtar and Harivansh Rai Bachchan to name a few.