• What we'll do
In this hands-on workshop, we use a simple yet powerful visualization of a 5-node, RaspberryPi-based cluster to reveal the inner workings of Akka Cluster.
We'll observe and explore:
- basic Akka cluster formation
- different failure scenarios such as network partitioning and node failure
- the occurrence of the so-called Split Brain Syndrome
- Akka Split Brain Resolver strategies
- Run a clustered app on the platform
• What to bring
A Laptop that can both connect to the local Wifi network -and- a physical ethernet network TP-Hub.
I'm looking for volunteers that can do some preparation of their laptop ahead of the workshop. Please volunteer either via the meetup message board or send me an email (eric dot loots at gmail dot dom). Indicate the OS your using (MacOS, Linux or Windows).