What we're about
The Bedfordshire Walking Club walks most weekends throughout the year, we organise mid week evening walks during the summer months, and we love our walking weekends away!
But were not just about walking ... were also about making new friends, and having lots of fun!
So don't delay, join today! Joining the BWC is pretty easy, and we have provided some guidelines below:
• ALL members require a profile photo, your profile photo should be similar to that of a passport type photo, you know ... head & shoulders, and unlike the passport office, we allow you to smile in your profile photo!
• Your request to join the BWC will be declined if you do not have a easy to recognise profile photo of you.
• Members should walk regularly with the BWC, members that are not actively walking with the BWC may be removed and without prior notice.
• Those members who make a habit of changing their RSVP to no the night before, within hours of a walk starting, or being a no show will be removed from the BWC.
• We only want active, and fun members!
• We walk at a good pace and must stay together as a group ... so if you are after a stroll and needing to stop regularly to catch your breath then this is not the club for you!
• For several reasons we do not allow dogs (four legged friends) to attend any of our walks.
Organiser: I am NOT a qualified Walking Group or Mountain Group Leader.
As an organiser, I act as a point of contact. I do not accept responsibility for others or for instructing them.
I am sharing my personal experience, and I should not be considered as an expert in this field. Any less-experienced members of the club accompanying me, must be aware that they take any advice on this basis, and that the onus of responsibility for deciding whether or not to rely on any such advice lies with the less-experienced member.
Responsibility It is each individual members responsibility to approach outdoor activities, such as walking, hillwalking, with caution. Walking & hillwalking can be demanding and it is the responsibility of each individual member to ensure they are fit enough to complete the distance before joining any of our Meetups. If you have any doubts, you should consult your G.P.
Medical conditions, fitness level, weather conditions, ground conditions can all impact on members' ability and stamina. Know your limitations.
Not all trails are on solid and even surfaces, therefore it is each individual members responsibility to look after their own safety and not the liability of the Bedfordshire Walking Club and it's Organiser.
Venues The Organiser will provide a meeting place, a time, and a description of the route based on local knowledge and experience. Often reference is made to Walking Highlands, Walking English Man or other websites where more detailed descriptions are available. Please pay particular attention to the "Grade" of walk - easy, moderate and hard walks.
Cancellation / Changes Meetups maybe cancelled or changed due to weather or other factors out of our control. Members should check walk details before departure.
Fun & Safety This club is about having fun while enjoying a walk. Be it a low-level walk, coastal walk or climbing up a mountain. But please do not underestimate the British weather or conditions. If conditions deteriorate, stay as a group, work as a group, and come home safely.
Below are a few useful websites, packed full of information and advice.
The British Mountaineering Council -Working for climbers, hill walkers & mountaineers - https://www.thebmc.co.uk/
The Countryside Code - http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/en... (http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/enjoying/countrysidecode/default.aspx)
NB. Any accident, injury or illness contracted on any of the walks or at social events to persons or animals is not the responsibility of the Bedfordshire Walking Club. Please make sure that you are adequately prepared and dressed for the walks or climbs. Again, if you are unsure about your level of fitness, please check with your G.P. before coming on the walks.