Do you love bikes? Looking for people to ride with on a mountain bike, gravel/adventure bike, road bike, touring bike, fat bike, or tandems? Are you 18 years or older? Then this is YOUR tribe.
Bend Area Cycling Enthusiasts (BACE) offers a variety of organized bike rides, some ending at breweries. Some harder, some easier, some more technical. Many close to Bend, some include camping overnight or a few hours of carpooling. And sometimes, we are joining races as a group. It all depends on the ride organizer. (If you can't figure out if you belong on a ride, just text the ride organizer.) It's all about riding safe, while having a blast. Meeting new people to ride with or helping you coordinate with your riding buddies.
And speaking of ride organizers, the BEST way to ride your DREAM route at YOUR pace that works for YOUR schedule is to become an organizer. Drop Gravel Girl (Linda English) a note or text her at 541 550 8930.
Let's get out Thursday evening with a tour of our local snow shelters!
We'll meet and start our ride at the bottom of Pine Drops, climbing up to the Shooting Star snow shelter at the top of Upper Whoops. From there we'll enjoy Sector 16 all the way to the Swede Ridge shelter, then on to the Tumalo Ridge double and single track, and a very short jaunt on Tumalo Creek to Skyliners. Finally, we'll climb up Skyliners to the bench, and enjoy Lower Whoops back to our starting point. Post ride debriefing at The Lot for Live Music Thursday.
Total distance of about 17.5 miles and approximately 2,100 feet of climbing.
**Rules of the Rides**
* Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
* Participants must be 18 or over.
* To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
* All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
* No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
* Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: I am age 18 or over. Cycling can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage or injury to their equipment or themselves.