Please note: The original ride route has been changed due to time and the heat.
For this Intermediate Hoppy Hour we'll start riding 4.0 miles from the Conklin road turn off at the Tylers Traverse Trailhead. We begin by riding on the road (ugh!) for a quick and flat 2.4 miles until we reach the StormKing trailheard. It's a nice, shady, 3.6 miles uphill, singletrack until the intersection with Tiddlywinks. Another bit of climbing until we finally reach Steve Larson trail. We gather speed on Steve Larson but are rewarded for our climb when we intersect with Tyler's Traverse. Its a fast, fun descent back to the car! Total ride 1100 ft of climbing, 12.2 miles total. We'll start early so we can finish up and get to Cascades Brewery by 5:30 where we should have a gift certificate waiting or us!
Please remember that the Hoppy Hour ride is a social ride and the point of the ride is to have fun riding and then to join everyone afterwards for a social hour. This particular ride is not recommended for cross bikes or for beginning riders.
If you are anti-social, or have a testosterone issue, this ride is not for you. We ride, we laugh, we drink beer or soda, we have fun. TGIF
BACE Riding Rules
• Helmet Required. Must meet U.S. CPSC Safety Standards for Bicycle Helmets
• To participate you must be a member of the BACE Meetup and be RSVP’d Yes for this activity. Sorry, no guests.
• Only adults can participate.
• Participants must be self-sufficient with their own hydration, tools, spares, and first aid.
• Cycling activities may be impacted by changing conditions. Participants should monitor this page for cancellations or changes.
• No dogs.
BACE Liability Waiver
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: Road Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.