Hello Advanced Beginners! We had such fun on our last ride, so let's get together again to explore the trails.
We'll meet at Summit High School in the front parking lot and head out for a nice warm-up along Skyliner Ranch Road. This will be a light climb before we hit the singletrack entrance near Tetherow Golf Course. Here, we'll have another light climb before dipping down into the Marvin's Gardens area.
We'll stop here, regroup and enjoy the spectacular view before heading over to where we'll cross over to climb up Phil's Trail.
Heading up Phil's Trail will be a fun way to test out your climbing skills in some light, rocky terrain.
Back by popular demand is the fun descent on Kent's Trail! Riders will get to cruise down this swoopy, twisty, turny and slightly jumpy trail as we finish up our ride.
Remember: Uphill riders will have the right away on Kent's, so we'll need to make sure to not get too carried away on our descent and pull over for riders enjoying the Kent's climb.
IMPORTANT: Bend has seen a plethora of non-helmet-wearing riders in recent weeks (see recent Source Weekly article) and/or riders wearing inappropriate forms of head wear. PLEASE make sure you're wearing a proper cycling helmet. Most helmets will have a sticker or imprint that says something like “U.S CPSC Safety Standards for Bicycle Helmets”. Anyone showing up for the ride without a proper helmet, will be turned away. SAFETY FIRST!!!
Ride Rating; Advanced Beginner Pace; Endurance Rating E2, Technical Rating T2 (to see rating descriptions, click "More" tab above and select "Files"). Approximately 15 miles and about 900’ of climbing. About 3 hours depending on the number of stops.
**Rules of the Rides**
• Approved CYCLING Helmets Required.
• To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
• All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
• No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
• Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: Mountain Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.