This will be a cross friendly ride on mostly easy trails. We will ride Conklin to the bottom of storm king and the ride up storm king. It will still be daylight going up storm king. Then we take tiddlywinks up to larsen. Larsen to tyler's, and down to conklin. There are a couple of points we can add some extra ride time if we are ahead of schedule
We will be in complete darkness in the later half of the ride so good lights are needed. Bring spare light if you have them. Don't forget tubes, especially if you are on a cross bike. Mountain bikes, fat bikes, unicycles, and pogo sticks are all welcome to join.
It will be mild at the start of the ride but the temperature drops quickly after dark so be prepared for the ride to end in the 40's.
I am not real sure but I think this is only 10 or 15 miles which is why there is an option to add a little ride time but this will be a easy to moderate paced ride and we will wait for everyone at every intersection, there are about 5 main intersections on the ride. If you are racing Halloween cross we will not blow your legs, just keep them nimble... Shouldn't be more than 2 hrs.
Afterwards we can meet at Cascade Lakes Brewery for a drink/meal. I may end up with another social event that night so am not 100% sure about making the brewery.
**Rules of the Rides**
• Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
• To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
• All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
• No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
• Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: Mountain Biking can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its’ members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.