The River City Cycling Cross Crusade series returns to Bend for a Halloween themed weekend of racing, costumes, parties and fun. Great CX racing for all levels of competition. Mountain Bikes welcome! Race for fun or competitively, or just come out and support BACE members and enjoy the party atmosphere.....and don't forget your cowbell! individual race registration and ORBA day license required.
Links to daily activities;
Saturday; CX racing all day
Saturday Night; Voodoo costume party& COTA fundraiser! Deschutes Brewery warehouse adjacent to the race course. Costumes encouraged! Live music and brews. $10 entry fee (benefits COTA), 21 and over, 8pm-2am
Sunday; Costumed CX racing all day. Racers and spectators encouraged to participate!
Not a BACE sanctioned event. Subject to rules of the Cross Crusade event promoters. But, we can hang together and enjoy the events as only BACE can!
**Rules of the Rides**
• Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
• To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
• All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
• No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
• Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: cycling can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage to their equipment or themselves.
- Sue F.
Wow! What an event! Congrats to all BACE riders! Tough course (Yeesh!) kicked my butt on pre-ride... handing me a broken wing (arm). Out for the year now but left with one good arm to ring cowbells and hope to hook up with this group to cheer at next races. Great job out there! What's bubble wrap guy?
A full weekend of cyclocross racing and partying! BACE members seen racing Saturday, Sunday or both; David Sailors, Eric Maki, Jay M, Tom H, David Baker, Michelle Thorstrom & Stan Kiefer. Seen (and heard) cheering us on; Neil, Cindy Brown, Siobhan, Jill Gilbert, Judy Jorgenson & Ron. Anyone else? The Saturday night COTA benefit party was wild! Incredible music, wild costumes and lots of artistic expression. If anyone got a picture of "bubble wrap guy", please...I beg you...don't post it!!!