A favorite out-and-back ride for those Advanced Beginners who enjoy a bit of climbing and like the idea of earning your descents ;)
We'll begin at Shevlin Commons (NOT Shevlin Park), cruise along the singletrack before circling around to a doubletrack climb before entering miles upon miles of sweet, winding singletrack. For a short stretch, we'll dip off the singletrack to navigate around the Two Bulls fire burn area.
Nitty gritty details about the ride:
• Total mileage will be approximately 15.3 miles
• Elevation gain will be approximately 1,135 ft.
• Average speeds will likely be between 8-9.5
• Ride time will likely be[masked] hours but, that will totally depend on the number of stops and/or rests needed along the way
• Ride Rating: Advanced Beginner; Endurance Rating E3.5, Technical Rating T3
We'll climb up to the little green shed before reversing our course for a fun, flowy descent back to the park.
**Rules of the Rides**
* Approved Cycling Helmets Required.
* Participants must be age 18 or over.
* To participate in a BACE Meetup activity, you must be a member of the BACE Meetup Group and be RSVP’d “Yes” for that specific activity. No “Plus 1’s”
* All participants should be “self-sufficient” with their own food, hydration, tools, spare tubes and first aid supplies necessary for the activity.
* No dogs permitted on group rides unless inclusion is specified in the activity description.
* Cycling activities may be significantly impacted by changing conditions (rain, snow, mud, road construction, etc.). Participants should monitor activities for cancellations or changes in location/route.
By signing up for this meetup, I agree to the following: I am age 18 or over. I understand that cycling activities can be dangerous and cause serious bodily injury or even possibly death. The organizers of this group and its members will not be held responsible for the actions of any participant at any event. Each rider attends an event at their own risk and is solely responsible for any damage or injury to their equipment, themselves or others.