We are happy to have Brazilian visiting professor, Fábio Ferreira Batista speak to us about his experiences in implementing knowledge management solutions. Additionally, we would like to thank, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Heisig and the Fachbereich Informationswissenschaften of Fachhochschule Potsdam for helping facilitate this event and Fraunhofer-Institut für Produktionsanlagen und Konstruktionstechnik, for providing our meeting space for the evening.
Key Learning Points for the evening
1. KM implementation needs to be organisational-led; tied to organisation strategy and to specific organisation issues;
2. KM needs to be delivered where the critical knowledge lies, and where the high value decision are made;
3. KM implementation needs to be treated as a behaviour change program;
4. The endgame will be to introduce a complete management framework for KM;
5. The KM framework needs to be embedded into the organisation structures;
6. The framework should include governance in order to be sustainable;
7. The framework should be structured, rather than emergent;
8. A KM process should be a staged process, with regular decision points;
9. A KM implementation should contain a piloting stage;
10. A KM implementation should be run by an implementation team, reporting to a cross-organisational steering group.
The schedule for the evening is as follows:
Arrive and network: 18:30 - 19:00
Presentation and discussion: 19:00 - 20:15
Our Speaker: Fábio Ferreira Batista
Fábio is a Brazilian citizen and resident in Brasília since 1977, and KM Manager at Summit Quality Systems Consultores Associados, a consultancy specialised in knowledge management, strategic planning and quality management. Fabio is also a Portuguese citizen and has been working as researcher, academic, practitioner and consultant in the field of KM for many years. He worked for 15 years as senior researcher and manager in the field of KM at the Instituto de Pesquisa Economica Aplicada - Ipea, a federal government think tank in Brazil [masked]).
See more about Fabio on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/fabio-ferreira-batista-811876/