addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Berlin Social Activities and Events Message Board › Big Easter bonfire this Saturday night

Big Easter bonfire this Saturday night

Chris
CTroise
Group Organizer
Berlin, DE
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give you all a heads up about an event you might want to see.

Just as Germany is known for its Christmas Markets around that time of year, it also has a tradition of doing a big bonfire the night before Easter. This is usually the time for the villagers to get together and make a party and catch up with each other and burn off all the dead branches they collected over the winter. It's an impressive sight to see I am told. Of course there's a lot of drinking, dancing and wurst eating going on.

Berlin will be having at least one such bonfire over in Neuköln at the Britzer Garten. Apparently things will start happening just after sundown.

I can't make an official Meetup for this as I will be running around that night, but if somebody would like to gather up a group and check out the bonfire feel free to make a Suggested Meetup for it and I'll make it official.

Here is a couple links for it:

http://www.visitberli...­

http://www.gruen-berl...­

Cheers,

Chris