addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Berlin Social Activities and Events Message Board › Boycott the "Boat Party" for now please - from Charles Clawson/Chris

Boycott the "Boat Party" for now please - from Charles Clawson/Chris

Chris
CTroise
Group Organizer
Berlin, DE
Hi everyone,

Some of you know that in the last few months I have been a co-host of the weekly "Boat Party" on the Spree by the Oberbaumbrücke while the founder and main organizer, Charles Clawson, has been away.

He just sent out a request for everyone to boycott the Boat Party until further notice due to other people trying to take it over from him without permission. I do not know all the details of what is going on, I do not know the other side's version of the story, but let's all honor his request for the time being until the dust settles? I hope this is just a misunderstanding - these things can unfortunately happen all to easily especially when distance is involved, but again, since Charles is the founder and has put 9 years of work into building this event let's honor his request until further notice.

Here is his letter and real-time information will be posted on his website:  http://www.internatio...­

Chris

----------------- From Charles  ---------------------------------------­------

Dear all,
While I'm away from Berlin (I'm in Sardinia) some people are trying to take over ownership of the event that I created and then built for nine years. In fact they waited until I had organized the band and guest hosts (below) and sent the weekly announcements, before informing me. As you can imagine, I'm surprised and upset.

For nine years people have been thanking me for organizing and hosting these events. Now I would like to ask a favor of you. Please boycott this, my, event, and forward this announcement to anyone you think might be planning to attend. A boycott party will take place in the park outside the boat. Bring blankets, your own drinks and food, and if you're new to these events, it'll be a good chance to hear the history, as well as the treachery. On the chance that the boycott is averted, please check the website below for the latest news.

--Charles
http://www.internatio...­